ssd confused?

Empty the recycle bin. That will send a TRIM command. It might not get the space back. Keep in mind that when you select everything on the drive and hit properties, it leaves out any hidden files. For example, on my computer, my hard drive shows that I'm using 359GB but when I select everything on C, it reports that the size of everything selected is only 309GB.

Don't send it back, they'll tell you data's using it and nothing is wrong. Make sure you have system restore turned off, and download and run ccleaner.

I would like to thank all of you for your help,

i found the problem, it was hibernate @ 13.5 Gb
and pagefile.sys (backup ram) matching my actual ram @ 16 Gb

The other Gig or so was just random files, but wow,

IM HAPPY TO HAVE MY £30 BACK

For those with this problem and find this thread 2-3 years down the line;

disable hibernate feature by cmd type;
...................................................... powercfg -h off

reduce pagefile.sys by;
1- Go to your computer
2- Right click, properties
3- advance system settings
4- Go to Tab 'ADVANCE'
5- Under performance hit 'Settings'
6- Go to Tab 'ADVANCE'
7- Under Virtual Memory 'Change'
8- You can disable it but i wouldn't - just reduce it to its minimum operating amount which is 800Mb and set Max @ 1000Mb.

I presume this isn't just a SSD thing, so if you need some space and you hae high amount of RAM and dont use hibernate, Check this out.

Glad you got it to work out! Nice touch with adding directions on how to solve the issue for others!

In the future, utilities like WinDirStat and SpaceSniffer (both free) that can hep you track this down much faster in the future.

Back
Top Bottom