new build help, criticism & suggestions

1adf1

Baseband Member
anything you think will not work, you would change, or i have missed let use know.

Motherbored - Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P

Processor - Intel I7 2700k

RAM - Corsair 8gb (2x4GB) 1600MHz Vengeance - may upgrade to 16gb down the line

Graphics card - None will use USB to VGA adaptors to connect multiple monitors (USB 2.0 to VGA Adaptor)

OS/program hard drive - OCZ 120GB Vertex 3 SSD 2.5" SATA-III

OS - Microsoft win7 home premium

other hard drives - 4x Samsung HD103SJ Spinpoint F3 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 32MB Cache - RAID 10

Case - AeroCool Strike-X ST Ultimate Gaming Tower Case - with fans

Power supply- Newton R2 1000W 80PLUS Modular PSU - is this the right Wattage or are there better power supplys to buy for max £150

Other stuff - blue ray drive, processor water cooling, graphics card will be added at later date

thanks

So, you're building a nice rig and not using a GFX card?

Please don't use the USB to VGA adapters. Most modern GFX cards support multiple monitors and offer vastly superior performance. Never mind the fact that if you buy 3 of those adapters, you might as well buy a halfway decent GFX card.

So, you're building a nice rig and not using a GFX card?

Please don't use the USB to VGA adapters. Most modern GFX cards support multiple monitors and offer vastly superior performance. Never mind the fact that if you buy 3 of those adapters, you might as well buy a halfway decent GFX card.

i have already got 3 and will need to buy 3 more the monitors are just used for work i.e. word, excel, pdfs, and other programs like that so dont need extream detail. i may also put a high end single graphics card in at a later date and atach it to my tv

due to my mobo having 2 slots for graphics cards so dont think i will have enuff spaces unless u know a better way

thanks

How much are you looking to spend on a GFX card? There are some cards that allow you to connect up to 6 displays.

I'm not sure if you can connect monitors to both cards if you're running a Crossfire setup. Someone who has Crossfire experience could chime in and clarify. I know that you can put a card in each slot that operates independently of one another and run connect monitors to each one.

the thing is i have 3 of the usb to vga adapters but i can always sell them if i was to get a 6 monitor card how much would the cheapest graphics cards cost

thanks

Back
Top Bottom