dual booting system

asamay81

Solid State Member
hi all

i do not know whether this is the right place for posting my query.
i am using intel core i3-2100 3.1 GHz processor in an intel DH67GD motherboard.

i would like to know whether there is a chance of system crash if i install two OSs, one of which is 32 bit and the other is 64 bit. For example, [32 bit WinXP pro, SP3 + 64 bit Windows7] or [32 bit WinXP pro, SP3 + 64 bit ubuntu].

thanks in advance

(admins and mods: please move this thread to the appropriate place if it is not posted in the proper place)

i understand if you wont to say run windows os and ether mac or linux os but why do you wnt to run two windows os. im not shore if you can do it with 2 windows os tho

and why do you wont to out of curiosity

It can be done; there are plenty of tutorials on the internet telling you how to do it. The key is getting the bootloader(s) to work correctly. Windows is a bit trickier to install second, but usually you can install a newer version next to an older one and the newer NTLDR will point to both.

The OS's are pretty much separate, the machine won't care whether it is a 32-bit OS or a 64-bit one, as long as the code is written for that processor.

I am currently dual-booting Win 7 and Ubuntu 10.04 (both 64-bit), though I used to multi-boot Win XP Pro (32-bit), Ubuntu 08.04 (32-bit), and Ubuntu 09.10 (64-bit).

thanks a lot for your reply... actually i am currently using WinXP (32 bit) + ubuntu 10.04 (32 bit) but thought to use the 64 bit version of ubuntu... before doing so i wanted to know whether installing two OSs of different bit architecture could harm my system....

thanks again :)

thanks a lot for your reply... actually i am currently using WinXP (32 bit) + ubuntu 10.04 (32 bit) but thought to use the 64 bit version of ubuntu... before doing so i wanted to know whether installing two OSs of different bit architecture could harm my system....

thanks again :)

No problem.

Oh, and thanks for using the right form of 'dual'... I absolutely hate it when people use 'duel boot'.
Darnkids.gif

Back
Top Bottom