intro section

dude_se

Proper Legend
why not add an intro section in the social lounge, or even better a whole new forum at the top, so new users can clearly see it. it can have a link to the forum rules and any other important links/stickies.

the social lounge looks way too cluttered with intro posts. its actually rather frustrating.

also, maybe even move the random chit chat and anything else that could be considered not very important to a new forum/sub section, and even disable post counts. call it the "garbage" section, or something similar. works well on another forum i go on. keep the social lounge clean and "social", but theres still a place where people can post "crap" as it were, without any issues or worrying about cluttering it up.

also i posted this in here as theres no feedback section either. the forum structure is a bit of a mess tbh, and hasnt really improved much in the 8 or so years ive been here. so many of the sections could be deleted or merged, leaving room for new ones to be added.

not having a dig at anyone, but for someone thats been on cf for 8 years, as well as other forums i know what i like and what works well, and right now im scared to even attempt to look through the forums as i might get lost.

Are we going to have the category wars again? ;)
lol im done fighting here. im just trying to offer an opinion from someone who has both used cf at different intervals over the past 8 years so i know how the place works, and who has just returned after a long period of absence, so ive got a fresh opinion on the matter.

FWIW, I do think the categories need a jiggle around too, I think we need less to make the place seem more active personally and there's some obvious ones that can be merged.

I'd just be surprised if it actually happened, however much the members suggest!

Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Site Admin, News and Feedback

oops my bad from a quick glance it looks a little misleading unless you read the small bit underneath which i never did :lol:

that ^^ line makes it seem like its a news and feedback section for admins, which is why i was shocked i could post in there.

and to be fair, most sites i go on have a separate bit for the admin announcements, else it would be cluttered with feedback and whatnot, but i dont really care about that bit as long as its there

Today we added a forum for new member introductions. Please help new members feel welcome when they post. In the next day we'll also be setting up a welcome PM for new members directing them to post in the intro and giving them a few pointers and links to help them get up to speed.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Today we added a forum for new member introductions. Please help new members feel welcome when they post. In the next day we'll also be setting up a welcome PM for new members directing them to post in the intro and giving them a few pointers and links to help them get up to speed.

Thanks for the suggestion!

looks 10 times better already! and the PM is also a good idea, im shocked its not already in place, as it is just a nice touch.

ill see if I can think of any other ideas. had some good times here, but would be a shame to see it go under even if I dont post here that much any more.

When are you going to clean up the review/web help section? All those hosting spammers have made a wreak out of the place.

Back
Top Bottom