The CF revival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many reasons why this site went down. The last owner was completely incompetent, for one.

thats a bit harsh putting it like that, but yea he didnt exactly help matters. could have done so much with CF and he didnt.

I think a lot more could be done on the gaming side of the forum. Not sure what though but it is a area that the forum has never really tried to draw from. Computers and gaming go hand in hand and the place has never really had a large gaming section. For years it never had one at all because David had his separate gaming forum and wouldn't allow it.

That gaming forum, I had to send a mass-email to people, bring a few to mod to clean the spam flooded forum and it was still was like there was a spam river each day. That gaming forum is gone...

Oh and...it may bring everyone's favorite, Brookfield back :p
Nah, I don't think he will, but I had to say it.

That gaming forum, I had to send a mass-email to people, bring a few to mod to clean the spam flooded forum and it was still was like there was a spam river each day. That gaming forum is gone...

Oh and...it may bring everyone's favorite, Brookfield back :p
Nah, I don't think he will, but I had to say it.

last i heard he was a mod at a war forum or something and was very happy. i also heard he was quite ill, but this was a few years back now.

I disagree that nothing else needs to be done - personally I think it's that kind of thought process that's landed us here in the first place (not keeping the site updated both from a visual and security perspective, having lots of changed owners...)

Adding more threads and keeping people talking is all well and good, but that's best accomplished alongside other things to drive more people to the site in the first place, who will then add more threads and start the process you describe. You've also got the problem that lots of threads started from the same core group of people looks artificial, like we're trying to show there's more activity than there actually is..

What I said was correct, that's why back few years ago their was more people and decent threads to go and contribute to because theirs people talking their, this brings many people together, i don't come here anymore, wanna know why? boring threads..exactly what needs to be done

What I said was correct, that's why back few years ago their was more people and decent threads to go and contribute to because theirs people talking their, this brings many people together, i don't come here anymore, wanna know why? boring threads..exactly what needs to be done
didnt you get banned several times though? and still came back, even under different names? either you were doing it just because you could or because there is still some potential in CF.

Well, at least he's doing a bit more help and is way cooler than he used to be. If it was to be Trivium Nate, then it's another story...

I didn't read everything here... but if there was a greater gaming community id be here every day i could, especially if CF had a vent.

Battlefield 3
Badcompany 2
L4D1/2
Halo
CODs
WOW
Mass Effect 3
ect

i still play with a few on steam from here but thats rare anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom