Fresh Install of Windows 7

sumo901

Solid State Member
I have a computer with switchable graphics card and i cant update my ati card
even in fixed mode using the bios (My graphics card is Radeon HD 6770M and the integrated one is intel chipset) ( MY computer is HP dv6)

now i got a tip of installing a fresh windows 7 instead of using the manufacturer's built in os

If so will i able to finally be able to update my ati card?

Windows 7 is very easy to install - even for the technical challenged user. If a computer is used outside of a business environment the complexity level is extremely low. Windows 7 is taking advantage of existing hardware and performs better than Windows Vista or Windows XP from what I can tell.

http://www.gomage.com/

I have a computer with switchable graphics card and i cant update my ati card
even in fixed mode using the bios (My graphics card is Radeon HD 6770M and the integrated one is intel chipset) ( MY computer is HP dv6)

now i got a tip of installing a fresh windows 7 instead of using the manufacturer's built in os

If so will i able to finally be able to update my ati card?

Yes. Just go to AMD website and download the Catalyst software to install the latest drivers for you graphics card.

Switchable Graphics is not necessarily a 'new' technology... but it's supported like it's still in beta. If you reload your copy of Windows 7, you may have an extremely hard time getting the correct drivers for your system. Not because of the Graphic Card, but because of the dual graphics card. It's a laptop manufacturer driver and not a GPU manufacturer driver. I would make sure that you have all the needed drivers for the cards and functionality before you decide to wipe the slate clean.

Back
Top Bottom