.net framework questions.....

BiG

Solid State Member
I searched on the forum (yes I understand I'm a rare breed search button user lol) and didn't find anything unless I looked over it. I have the .net framework 4 updates, and from what I understand I do have the .net framework 4 because I have windows 7. I've read up on it a little but I'm not sure if I need it. If I dont need it... can I just uninstall it? because I'm 1 of those people that love to have as much freespace as possible for what ever I find useful in the future. I'm trying to dabble in programming and what ever else comes along, so would this be something I would use while trying to learn programming?....or not real useful at all?

Any Advice is helpful Thanks in advance.

If you're doing anything in visual studio I'd reccomend keeping it installed. I'm not sure how tightly everything plays together but I'm sure V.S. updates depend on some of the .net updates.

From a security stand point it's a good idea to keep them as well. Programs can be written to exploit .net framework holes.

The .NET framework is what developers use to create Windows applications, but it's also what end users need to have installed for these applications to run. It's becoming more tightly integrated into Windows and more and more Windows software is using it so yes - you should keep it installed, whether you intend to program or not.

As celegorm said, you should keep it updated as well because of a security standpoint if nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom