Gaming Specs?

sbeanie

Beta member
I'm trying to find a cheap desktop that will be able to run all new games on ultra settings. I have been searching for a while and I have come across this build from Cyberpowerpc for £704
Code:
CPU: AMD FX-4100 3.60 GHz Quad-Core AM3+ CPU 4MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology
Overclocking Service: No Overclocking
Cooling Fan: Asetek 510LC / Xtremegear Liquid Cooling system w/ 120mm Radiator (Asetek CPU Water Cooling ***Overclockable XXX***)
Coolant for Cyberpower Advance WaterCooling Kits: NONE
MOTHERBOARD: Asus M5A99X EVO AMD 990X Chipset CrossFireX / SLI support for Socket AM3+ AMD CPU DDR3/1333 Mainboard ATX, PCI-E 2.0, DDR3 1333/1600/1800/1866, USB3.0, SATA-III /s, RAID, ATX ***Overclockable XXX*** [+48]
Internal USB/SATA Expansion Module: NONE
MEMORY: 4GB (2x2GB) PC10666 DDR3/1333mhz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Value Select or Major Brand)
VIDEO CARD: AMD Radeon HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card [+51] (Major Brand Powered by AMD)
FREEBIES: None
DONGLES: NONE
VIDEO CARD 2: AMD Radeon HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card [+80] (Major Brand Powered by AMD)
Dedicated PhysX Card: None
Power Supply Upgrade: 600 Watts Power Supplies [+73] (Coolermaster 600Watt Silent Pro Gold Modular Gaming Power Supply, SLI / Crossfire ready)
Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200RPM Hard Drive (Single Hard Drive) (Single Hard Drive)

I designed it to have a low cost which is why it only has 4GB of RAM which is plenty for gaming in my opinion. Let me know what you guys think and if there's better alternatives out there :)

You'll most likely gonna need a higher Power Supply Wattage because you'll be running two GPU. I just did a power supply calculator with two AMD Radeon HD 7950 with similar specs of the remaining hardware components..you would need a 800-850W Power Supply.

If you're not overclocking, why are you getting water cooling? Go with some nice air cooling and use the money you save to put towards a better PSU and more RAM. Keep in mind that Windows 7 64bit needs 2GB of RAM to run by itself. If you're planning on gaming, you want at least 8GB of RAM.

Back
Top Bottom