Computer Build under a $3500 maximum budget?

FLUDD

Beta member
I'm planning on building a computer that I will be used to use programs like Autodesk Maya and Inventor 2012 and later(student editions) , Sony Vegas Pro 11, Adobe Flash, audio editing/creating software, Photoshop, web design, and video games.
Here are the parts that I have gathered up.

-Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II
COSMOS

-Motherboard: ASRock X79 Extreme4
Newegg.com - ASRock X79 Extreme4 LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

-Processor: Intel Core i7-3770
(Ivy Bridge)

-Acousti Fan Mounts
Acousti Products - Anti-Vibration Products: Ultra Soft Fan Mounts

Thermal Paste:Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound - OEM

-CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 SE2011
Noctua.at - sound-optimised premium components "Designed in Austria"!

-RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB)x2

-Optical Drive: LG ELECTRONICS WH12LS38
(SATA)

-Hard Drive: WD VelociRaptor 600GB
WD VelociRaptor

-SSD: Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC
Newegg.com - Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

-Power Supply: COOLER MASTER Silent Pro Gold Series 800W

-Operating System: Windows 8 Home Ultimate 64-bit

-Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 9000 series

-Card Reader: Ultra Media Dashboard MD2 Card reader
Ultra MD2 5.25 4 Port USB 2.0 and Card Reader at TigerDirect.com

-Sound Card: Creative X-Fi PCI Express Sound Blaster Titanium
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI Express Sound Card | Creative Labs Online Store

-Network Card: VisionTek Bigfoot Killer 2100 Gaming Network Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI Express Sound Card | Creative Labs Online Store

Will these all work and fit together?

Please do not say I'm wasting my money with this. I'm trying to build a computer that will do everything I need it to do for years without fail.

Last edited:
They'll fit together but the PSU will most likely be a bit much..most likely you'll need under a 1000W, probably in the 750W range. AMD just recently release the 7000 series for the GPU series..are you really willing to wait that long for the 9000 series to come out?

They'll fit together but the PSU will most likely be a bit much..most likely you'll need under a 1000W, probably in the 750W range. AMD just recently release the 7000 series for the GPU series..are you really willing to wait that long for the 9000 series to come out?
I'm not going to have the money for this computer until 2014.

Not to be rude but, repost this in 2014 when you have the money. there will most likely be whole new generations of products.
Yeah. I'm going to be reposting/updating this list once in 2013 and once when I have the money.
I'm just asking if these parts will work so I could more easily find the right parts.

Back
Top Bottom