Random Chit Chat

My sister told me the new xbox is going to be called the 720, it sounds cheesy as crap, wondering if its true?

Unlikely. A few Microsoft execs have called it that, but they always make sure to comment that it's just their internal name for it. It'll likely be called something entirely different. Specs are total garbage though. Gaming computers from five years ago are still better.

I just got some film.

IMG_20120223_134040.jpg

Unlikely. A few Microsoft execs have called it that, but they always make sure to comment that it's just their internal name for it. It'll likely be called something entirely different. Specs are total garbage though. Gaming computers from five years ago are still better.

I just got some film.

IMG_20120223_134040.jpg

whoa, any of that 35mm? i need some :p

Yeah when the 360 came out, it had somwhere aorund 512mb ram. My inspiron from 1999 came with 512mb! The origional had like 32mb and a 128k pentium 3.

What are the 720's specs?

Nah, I don't use 35mm anymore. Too small. It's 120 (60mm rollfilm), 4x5 inch sheet film, and some 3.25x4.25 polaroid film for proofing.

It's not really fair to directly compare the amount of RAM in the console to a normal computer. The computer will have a complex operating system as well as a bunch of various programs running in the background. The consoles don't. 512MB in an console is more comparable to 1GB in an XP machine or 2GB in a W7 one.

The specs aren't officially announced, but it's almost definitely going to have a GPU based off the Radeon HD 6670. CPU will be a custom design by Microsoft, most likely based off the PowerPC architecture to give it backwards compatibility with the 360. Six physical/six logical cores are likely. I've heard 2GB of memory from a few sources. So yeah, nothing special, but it will be a huge improvement over the current xbox.

Reactions: J03
I'll buy a PS Vita once they get CFW Running on it. How are you finding it so far?

I think it's awesome. The extra analog made some PSP game a lot easier to play with. It was well worth it for me because I had a lot of discounts. I would say I saved about $150-$200 USD.

CFW would be nice. However, I do like the online play. As far as I know, CFW takes a bit before I can play online again.

Nah, I don't use 35mm anymore. Too small. It's 120 (60mm rollfilm), 4x5 inch sheet film, and some 3.25x4.25 polaroid film for proofing.

It's not really fair to directly compare the amount of RAM in the console to a normal computer. The computer will have a complex operating system as well as a bunch of various programs running in the background. The consoles don't. 512MB in an console is more comparable to 1GB in an XP machine or 2GB in a W7 one.

The specs aren't officially announced, but it's almost definitely going to have a GPU based off the Radeon HD 6670. CPU will be a custom design by Microsoft, most likely based off the PowerPC architecture to give it backwards compatibility with the 360. Six physical/six logical cores are likely. I've heard 2GB of memory from a few sources. So yeah, nothing special, but it will be a huge improvement over the current xbox.

PowerPC? good gawd. But I guess for a 6670 and 2gb, it doesn't sound bad.
I remember playing Half Life 2 on the origional xbox, it was modified because I remember some things missing(random objects) and some super horrifying graphics, it still lagged! probably cause the 32mb ram.

True, Does it play PS1 Games (Purchased from built in app store?)?

Unfortunately no. Unless its different in other regions, but PS1 games are not supported yet. They announced that the Vita does not support flash or PS1 games at launch. That's a couple of the downsides. However, I don't really care about flash and I got vita games to keep me busy from play my PS1 games on the go. So it doesn't affect me much.

PowerPC? good gawd. But I guess for a 6670 and 2gb, it doesn't sound bad.
I remember playing Half Life 2 on the origional xbox, it was modified because I remember some things missing(random objects) and some super horrifying graphics, it still lagged! probably cause the 32mb ram.

Haha, I remember that as well. I tried playing it about a year ago. Load screens took absolutely forever, and the framerate would frequently drop to slideshow range.

Back
Top Bottom