Laptop Wont POST

LOL!!! I remember my old laptop overheated once, one of the two fans failed, they get SO dusty on the inside.

LOL!!! I remember my old laptop overheated once, one of the two fans failed, they get SO dusty on the inside.

You have to be especially careful with laptops. They are extremely susceptible to dust. But damn, that heatsink was doing a whole lot of nothing.

Hi all, Just got the processor and fitted it but still it wont do anything. Still get fans spinning and DVD drive checks but apart from that it wont even bring up the BIOS so im sure now that something on the mobo (perhaps chipset) has fried.

Oh well if you dont try these things you dont know !:)

Last edited:
I had a gut feeling the board was fried, I should of have mentioned it to you earlier, but the CPU was already ordered.

Here's some reasons why it could be fried:

d6MLW.jpg

What's boxed in red looks fried and boxed in yellow sounds damaged, but I'm no 100% sure.

I had a gut feeling the board was fried, I should of have mentioned it to you earlier, but the CPU was already ordered.

Here's some reasons why it could be fried:
What's boxed in red looks fried and boxed in yellow sounds damaged, but I'm no 100% sure.

Well it was only 4 quid so what the heck, plus I have a spare if I ever need it.

I now know the signs to look out for if I get another similar problem. :)

Cheers for the input all :)

Back
Top Bottom