AMD Phenom ii x6 1100t or 1095t?

FenixFan08

In Runtime
Alright, I really want the 1100t but I cant not find one ANYWHERE!! I could possibly settle with the 1095, and even that is hard to find. Is there anything comparable to like the 1100t? Like are the 8 cores stable yet? Obviously staying AMD. Around the 200 range. Thanks for any help,

Fenix

I did hear a few people say that. So basically I can OC a 1095 to the same as a 1100. Its mostly just for rendering 3d stuff and just saw some benchmarks of the 1100 beating out the 1095.

You could roll the dice on the 960T. A lot of people were able to unlock the two extra cores and overclock it. Generally the AMD Black Editions are great for overclocking but it depends on the chip. I have read reviews of the 1100T going past 4.2GHz but I can't get mine past 3.9GHz before it becomes unstable.

You could roll the dice on the 960T. A lot of people were able to unlock the two extra cores and overclock it. Generally the AMD Black Editions are great for overclocking but it depends on the chip. I have read reviews of the 1100T going past 4.2GHz but I can't get mine past 3.9GHz before it becomes unstable.

What cooler you using for the 3.9? I have heard with the h50 and h80 its pretty stable at 4GHz. The problem is, cant find them. Is there anything else equivalent besides the 960?

FYI Im upgrading from a 965 BE. I don't currently have it OCed but heard the x6s are a pretty big jump.

Trusty Ebay may solve that problem for you ;) I'd get the 1065t, unless the price is a few bucks off.

Locked cores are supposedly defective cores, and some might see unstability. Now, I still wonder who's bring mind was it to ship with two locked defective cores, but whomever did it, congrats! You are just plain stupid...just sayin'.

You need the ASRock 890 Extreme3 motherboard with the UCC feature or a Gigabyte board supporting ACC. It works most of the time, but most still stick to defective cores and results of unstability were shown.

It got me intrigued and I did some research on my CPU 965BE, and it's a 4 core-CPU, not a locked mess of a CPU (a real CPU).

Trusty Ebay may solve that problem for you ;) I'd get the 1065t, unless the price is a few bucks off.

Locked cores are supposedly defective cores, and some might see unstability. Now, I still wonder who's bring mind was it to ship with two locked defective cores, but whomever did it, congrats! You are just plain stupid...just sayin'.

You need the ASRock 890 Extreme3 motherboard with the UCC feature or a Gigabyte board supporting ACC. It works most of the time, but most still stick to defective cores and results of unstability were shown.

It got me intrigued and I did some research on my CPU 965BE, and it's a 4 core-CPU, not a locked mess of a CPU (a real CPU).

That is true to an extent. Based on my research, the locked cores could be defective or they could just be locked, yet fully functioning. Either way you're rolling the dice.

I can see why they would ship a chip with two locked cores. It saves on production costs. instead of having to produce two distinct chips, they are basically manufacturing one chip.

A lot of the higher end boards support core unlocking. The ASRock and Gigabyte boards do as well as some offerings from Asus and MSI. Generally the product description will tell you if the board is capable of core unlocking.

And yes, definitely try ebay provided that people aren't gouging the chips.

I finally found my 1090T today at a local store. It took forever. But I am most certain it is the one I want and a step up from my 965 BE.

Oh yeah and it was only 204 dollars.

Back
Top Bottom