DV6000 Speical Edition Max Specs?

FenixFan08

In Runtime
I found my wife's old HP DV6000 in the closet and I needed a new charger for it and finally got around to it. First off I was wondering if you think it is worth me buying another charger and battery and upping it to its full specs? It would nice to have another computer around that is mobile that runs windows.

I searched and searched and can't really find anything because it is older. By max specs I mean max Ram, OS, CPU and that.

Just thought I would throw this out there if someone has one or had one and maxed it out.

Thanks

Fenixfan08

I have a DV6000 myself. Not sure about max CPU. You might be able to go with an Athlon chip although mine has the Turion. Max RAM is 2GB. I'm running Win7 Ultimate 32 bit on mine and it runs fine. runs better than Vista did as a matter of fact.

Alright I can at least get that going then. I decided I am going to use it for emulators so I have something to do during class.

Upgrading the CPU isn't really recommended as it's trickier to do in a laptop than a desktop, and most of the time, you don't notice much of a difference.

However, RAM is what counts most. Max out the RAM if possible. DV6000 models requires a BIOS flash version higher than f.25 and then it will support up to 4GB. I'd strongly recommend doing a BIOS update and upping the RAM to 4GB.

Upgrading the CPU isn't really recommended as it's trickier to do in a laptop than a desktop, and most of the time, you don't notice much of a difference.

However, RAM is what counts most. Max out the RAM if possible. DV6000 models requires a BIOS flash version higher than f.25 and then it will support up to 4GB. I'd strongly recommend doing a BIOS update and upping the RAM to 4GB.

Alright I can do that. Thanks for the advice. Why waste a perfectly good computer..

Exactly, if I were in your shoes, I'd be quite happy that a BIOS update can bring it as high as 4GB, and with such decent specs, I'd definitely fork the money for it.

Without the update, it may crash though, so be careful!

Back
Top Bottom