What gaming laptop should I get?

GBS

Beta member
*Noob alert, first tread*

Hey folks.

I am looking for a gaming laptop that has a good graphic card, and something that is overall powerful and reliable. I don´t want it crash at all.
I play Leauge Of Legends a lot, so I need it to run as smoothly as possible.
I also play Bf3 and many other FPS games.

I don´t really know if I´m gonna buy a M17x or a M18x (Alienware).
Or, if I should buy something else than Alienware.

If I am buying a M18x, this would probably be my build.
Is this a good build? Will the graphic card be good enough to run Bf3 on high settings?

- Processor:Intel® Core™ i7 2670QM (2.2GHz,3.1GHz,w/Turbo Boost, 6MB Cache)
- Operating System: Genuine Windows® 7 Ultimate, 64bit
- Memory: 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1600MHz (4DIMMS)
- Video Card: 1.5GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M
- Hard Drive: 750GB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s
- WIRELESS + BLUETOOTH: Killerâ„¢ Wireless-N 1103 a/g/n 3x3 MIMO for - Gaming & Video and Bluetooth 3.0
- Wireless HD: ZyXEL AeroBeam WHD6215-R Wireless HD Receiver with - Internal 60GHz WirelessHD Transmitter
- Internal Optical Drive: Slot-Load Dual Layer DVD Burner (DVD+-RW, CD-RW)
- Sound Options: Soundblaster® X-Fi™ Hi Def Audio - Software Enabled.

Whats your thoughts on this, what laptop should I get?
Thanks for help =)

[FONT=&quot]quality data products has quickly become one of the nation's leading providers of enterprise class information technology hardware and support. Over 15 years of combined experience in IT procurement and supply chain distribution enables qdp to source and deliver the “hard to find” products. Visit <a href="http://qdp.com">qdp.com</a> to start saving on New and Refurbished <a href="quality data products | Routing | Cisco Networking">Cisco Routers</a> and <a href="quality data products | Switching | Cisco Networking">Cisco Switches</a>.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]quality data products has quickly become one of the nation's leading providers of enterprise class information technology hardware and support. Over 15 years of combined experience in IT procurement and supply chain distribution enables qdp to source and deliver the “hard to find” products. Visit <a href="http://qdp.com">qdp.com</a> to start saving on New and Refurbished <a href="quality data products | Routing | Cisco Networking">Cisco Routers</a> and <a href="quality data products | Switching | Cisco Networking">Cisco Switches</a>.[/FONT]

Ummm... I already saved up, my budged is 3000 $ or less...

BUMP

It seems alright to me... Are you only wanting a laptop? Because for 3000 dollars you could build a desktop that runs extremely high end. That could run 2 graphics cards and even a more silly cpu. Maybe its just cus im more of a desktop guy. But overall, I don't know exactly what your paying for that specific laptop, but 3000 is mighty steep.

It seems alright to me... Are you only wanting a laptop? Because for 3000 dollars you could build a desktop that runs extremely high end. That could run 2 graphics cards and even a more silly cpu. Maybe its just cus im more of a desktop guy. But overall, I don't know exactly what your paying for that specific laptop, but 3000 is mighty steep.

Yeah, I want it to be a laptop, because I can take it with me...
I know, 3000 is kinda steep. I'm from Norway so that computer would almost be twice as expensive in Norway. My dad is going to the US in two weeks, and he could buy a laptop to me for my birthday.
If it was a desktop he couldn't take it home.

I was thinking about buying a MSI GT783-625US, M17x or an ASUS G74SX.
All of these are cheaper, anyone know how they are compared to each other?
I need it to never crash. Arghhhhh I don't know what to buy!!! :confused:

But thanks..

Your whole worry on crashing isn't something someone can tell you it will or not really. It isn't like a company will put something out and be like "Well it crashes sometimes but its still a good machine". You will never know if its going to crash a certain amount. There are so many variables to a computer "crashing"..

Back
Top Bottom