which processor

1adf1

Baseband Member
ok im building a new system my motherboard im looking at is the...

gigabit Z68XP-UD3P Motherboard

im looking at the intel i5 2500k processor but is it worth buying the intel i7 2600k or intel i7 2700k for more money

i will be overclocing but will i get much more out of the -i7 2600k or 2700k compared to the i5 2500k when overcloking them to there maximum safe limit

i prefer the amd phenoms, as they are cheaper and built for overclocking. i have the amd phenom II six core 1100t black edition and love it, but will be upgrading to a eight core or 12 core soon. the prices on intels processors where i have seen them are ridiculous to be worse stats than amd's but 500+ dollars. if you really want an intel processor i don't know which one as i am an amd fan obviously. just saying that these ones are meant to be overclocked and everyone i know does it and never has problems with it overheating or breaking.

i have not really looked at amd processors before

what sort of speeds do you you recon you can overclock them to was fan and water cooling

I had a 1075T that I ran on the stock cooler at 3.5GHz. I pushed my 1100T past 4.2GHz on water.

Last edited:
I would stick with a 2500k and some water cooling. I would choose a phenom/FX over the intels though. I had a 720be, I unlocked and clocked it to 3.4 on an ancient 754 style cooler.

Back
Top Bottom