Need Some Help With Router/Internet

darkdaisuke

Beta member
Ok my Internet has been acting up or my computer I do not know. Ever since I got it back after a part just came undone, my Internet has been disconnecting saying no internet access/no network access. I tried resetting something and that worked but its still doing it. How do I fix this problem with my router/Internet?

What part was fixed? Who fixed it? What did you reset? Have you called your ISP? Do you have anything else connected to the internet that is working?

It was where the hardrive/keyboard meets the laptop. It split open so it was only a hardware part. I have my PS3 and Ipod hooked up to the network but the only thing that stays on constantly is the Ipod. I'm not sure about calling my provider as seems to be my router I believe :/

Make a note of the lights and their flashing patterns on your router and your modem when everything is working. Then compare that to what happens when it's not working.

If the number ports on the router are not the same it's the router (the ports where you plugged in your equipment).

However if it's the internet light (the light where the modem is connected to) or if it's the lights on the modem that are different than you'll have to call your ISP.

If it's DSL check the phone cable that's plugged in to it. Make sure it's not plugged into a splitter.

Back
Top Bottom