Dead HDD ?

arsenalbates

Daemon Poster
Hi, i have a laptop that when turned on i get a flashing white line at the top and then it goes blank and thats thats it, The hard drive is making a rhythmic noise asif it is trying to access a part of the drive again and again.

I have taken it out of the laptop and put it into a dock and hooked it up to my pc. The recovery partition seems to be slowly accessible however the main partition is dead, it wont even see its capacity. Just asks if i want to format.

Dead drive ?

It makes a grass hopper kinda sound and then stops and then does the grasshopper sound again :)

Yup, dead drive most likely. Grab Download Hiren and burn to a CD or make a bootable flash drive, then boot to the bootCD and run the gwscan hard drive test and see if it recognizes it, then run a full test. Sometimes it can fix the issue the drive is having and allow you to gain access again. If the drive is toast, it'll tell you.

Cheers for the reply, I will give it a go although im pretty sure its dead as the built in dell diagnostic started screaming at me when it got to the HDD :)

Back
Top Bottom