High CPU usage?

iSaurfang

Beta member
Hey guys, so I'm expierencing huge cpu usage (+80%) all the time. What could cause it? my laptop runs VERY slowly..

Specs: I7 2630Qm
Nvidia 560M
16GB ram

When logged into windows press "Control Shift Escape" to bring up the task manager. Alternately control alt delete then click on task manager. Click on performance to see your actual CPU usage. Then, if you think it's too high, click on processes and click on CPU column which has multiple 2 digit number below it. See what has values (other than system idle process). If one of them uses more than 15%, determine if it needs to be running and close it. It may be an application that runs in the taskbar at the bottom-right of your computer, which you can set to not run automatically. Let us know what you find after all that.

There is something running in the background that shouldn't be. It could be a virus/malware but it might also be a program that you installed (whether by accident or on purpose). Check for weather programs or something like that. Could also be some sort of fancy animated background. See what programs you have running that you could close and see if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom