Help with Boot Up/ Hardware Issue

OscarWilde

Solid State Member
Excuse me if this isn't the appropriate section! I posted here because I think the issue I'm having may be hardware related.

The Background:
Built a computer at the beginning of the year (My first build) and all went extremely well and I love my computer!

The Build:
Gigabyte p67 motherboard
Intel i7 2600k
Crucial 8 gb (2 x 4) RAM
GeForce Video Card
SSD + HDD

The Issue:
When I boot my PC it loads to the screen shown in the first picture (below) and then stays there. This doesn't happen every time and the amount of time differs each time. Sometimes it will stay there for 10 minutes if I let it and sometimes it only takes 30 seconds.

Temporary Fix:
When it gets to that screen and appears "stuck" I can push the restart button on my case and it will reboot and go past that screen so fast that I can't even read it.

I'm just wondering if anyone on here has heard of this issue and knows of a fix or what the problem might actually be.

The second picture (below) is what shows up after it gets "unstuck" which is what makes me think it is a hardware issue. Because the memory is what seems to be holding up the boot process.

Picture 1:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7145/6831708437_e3e0bbf046_b.jpg

Picture 2:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7159/6831709773_ae583d4457_b.jpg

Edit: Oh, and for the record, it works 100% fine after it is booted. It doesn't run slow, it has never frozen, and it has never crashed at all.

it's running a memory test each time it boots I think, in the bios by pressing del or f2 it should load bios screen, in a tab it will have something about memory test on boot, disable it.. press f10 to save or what it asks for save and exit.

Not saying that's wrong, but I just searched through all the pages of my bios settings and didn't find anything about memory test... sounds plausible though... but why they difference in time? Wouldn't the memory test take the same amount of time? And 10 minutes? That seems ridiculous...

Any other "names" that memory test could be called?

There may be an option to skip boot-up testing; it may be called Quick boot.

If you suspect a problem with your memory, try running memtest86+

yes quick Boot, something I should of mentioned :) Thanks dngrsone I should of remembered of that myself :(

NO worries... that's why we have forums.
nod.gif

Back
Top Bottom