Function (Fn) commands

cardinalsfre

Beta member
In the last two weeks my Function commands have stopped showing up on screen, but they still work. It isn't really a problem other than a huge annoyance.

Ex:
Fn + Up Arrow = Increase in volume
The command still works, it just doesn't show up on my screen as to that it has changed or at what level the volume is at.

I have an Acer Aspire 7551G-7606 Laptop

Thanks for the help!

So out of the blue your saying that the FN keys no longer display a message on the screen telling you you're adjusting the volume or something.. in this case I'm guessing microsoft updates maybe did this, can't you look in your microsoft update history and check what it updated.

ok, all the fn keys are working correctly. but not displaying graphic message when using fn keys. Have u install a fresh copy of windows Or u have upgrade ur windows ok its not matters, All u need to install ur touchpad driver & chipset driver.
After compilation restart ur windows.

ok, all the fn keys are working correctly. but not displaying graphic message when using fn keys. Have u install a fresh copy of windows Or u have upgrade ur windows ok its not matters, All u need to install ur touchpad driver & chipset driver.
After compilation restart ur windows.

I do agree with what I think he's saying here. Check to see if you can update/reinstall the touchpad drivers for the laptop. But if they are all working it's probably not this that caused it but it's worth a try.

I do not see any Windows Updates that would cause this.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled touchpad drivers as well as chipset drivers to no avail.

I know but microsoft update your drivers for you when theirs a new release and alot of the time people have problems with latest drivers and errors can occur, that's why IT could be microsoft, trust me I know what I'm talking about lol..

Maybe you've switched something off? why not just restore the computer to when it last worked?

Back
Top Bottom