Issues with Polipo & TOR Button

IronMan001

Solid State Member
First - I don't want to install the complete TOR series (The browser bundle). It isn't about maximum privacy to me. The mission = to install and configure Polipo & TOR button to work together on my Firefox browser in order to change my IP address when browsing the internet(10). Computer specs are Windows Seven x64.

I installed the TOR button (1.4.5.1) thinking that there would be no configurations needed. But when I turned it on the internet went down and displayed this message, "Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing connections". I then found out the TOR button needs Polipo installed so I installed the ZIP file and tried running that program. This is what happened. CMD opened and the following was written:

DNS: couldn't open /etc/resolv:conf: No such file or directory
Disabling disk cache: No such file or directory
Disabling local tree: No such file or directory
Established listening socket on port 8123.

From here on - I'm confused how to connect the two or make my browser work with the TOR button turned on. I had a look on Google and there was one interesting one, but our CMD prompt showed different things. His came back successful while mine says no such directory and fails. Ideas?

Back
Top Bottom