Possible rig? Right now & cheaply?

dbzlotrfan

Solid State Member
I will most likely wait a few more years, but I want to play somethings that aren't playable/ on the PS3 (360 exclusives, games that "crash" the PS3). . . . . . . Was wondering if I could get a possible rig cheaply that does most (if not all) of what I want:

What I want
  • - USB 2.0 speeds that are atlest 40+ MB/s & if possible 3.0 that is 200 - 300+ MB.
  • - USB 3.0 ports (at lest one)
  • - Able to play most games (that I want to) from the last several years (since 2007 I'd guess) and WILL be able to play future games (Diablo 3)
  • - Can get a WEI score at min 5.0 (lowest would be 5.0)*
  • - Has atlest a Terabyte internal (if I can Id install the CD/DVD's I have, and use steam as well)
  • - Able to still play:
  • -- WarCraft 2 (the original discs, or the BattleNet), Warcraft 3 (both), SimCity 3 & 4 (Rushour), The sims 1 & 2
  • - Firewire port if possible. This computer came with one for some reason. [A external hardrive uses it]
  • - Able to fit on a somewhat small desk -- my current slimline fits up here, quite nicely.
  • - Preferably within a $600 range.
  • Lest a dual core, though if quad's are within 500 - 600 that can do what I want I'd personally would be fine with that . .
  • Able to install bluetooth devices (mice, wiimote, PS3/360 controller)
I do not need:
  • - Speakers (I have logitech)
  • - A monitor (VGA/DVI combo)
  • - Keyboard or mouse . . . .
If I think of other things, I'll post. If not I'll probably get a 360 and get some of what I want to or would rather play on a 360.

* - My current (slimline)'s lowest is 2.6 (graphics), than game graphics (3.0), processor/RAM are 4.7 & primary hardisk is 5.6 . . . My current computer can play Warcrafts, SimCity & The Sims 1, and can somewhat play bejeweled 3.

This is speculation, I might just wait till hard drives are cheaper, and when other parts are as well. May get a xbox 360 . . . .

Get a dell, or a slim-line dell. I am not a fan of slim-lines. If you want $600 price range, there you go. I wouldn't build myself a computer at this point unless I wanted to spend 1000. Dell's are too competitive.

Back
Top Bottom