Is this build, going to work?

Jake-

In Runtime
Im Good with computers and components, however its always when i do something for myself and not someone else it all F***'s up...

What im buying;

Asus P8P67 PRO REV 3.1 Socket 1155 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard

Intel Core i5 2500K 3.3GHz Socket 1155 6MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor

Corsair 16GB (4*4GB) DDR3 1333MHz XMS3 Memory Kit CL9 1.5V unbuffered

What i have;

XFX ATI Radeon HD 5770 GDDR5 1Gb

Some 550w PSU from Maplin.

A Case and about 10 Fans (i have a problem with Heat!!)

I have several concerns;
- Compatibly of everything
- PSU enough Watts
- anything else that can go wrong (will go wrong for me)

Soon im looking at Crossfire a XFX Rad HD 6770 with the 5770 as the side (it is possible ATI Compatibly Says So Or there gonna have one unhappy Person)

thank you

everything should be compatible except for the corssfire. From my understanding of crossfire, you can only do it for cards in the same series. So in your case, crossfiring a 6770 to the 5770 will not work. you would need to get another 5700 series card, But that card could be a 5750, 5770, 5790, etc.

Don't bother with a 4x4 RAM kit. Just get a 2x8 set if you really want 16GB of RAM. While Corsair is generally fine, I lean more towards G.Skill because of their reputation and cost compared to Corsair.

"Some" 550 watt PSU from xxx manufacturer - Stop right there. Don't do it. Buy a quality power supply or you'll be back posting about problems you never knew existed. Corsair, Seasonic or Antec if you need to save some money, ESPECIALLY if you're doing CrossFire.

A case with 10 fans is sooo 1999. You can buy a relatively inexpensive case with large slow moving fans that move more amounts of air than 10 smaller, cyclonic fans could ever accomplish. Cases like the Antec 300, 900 or 1200's are great for this, and the 300 hits a nice price/performance sweet spot (we use them exclusively for new PCs at work)

I have a Coolermaster HAF 932 and it only has 4 case fans. It's MORE than enough for my Phenom II X6 1100T, 2 Radeon HD5870's, two 10k RPM Raptors + 2 other hard drives. Case temps are not a concern in modern cases.

"Some" 550 watt PSU from xxx manufacturer - Stop right there. Don't do it. Buy a quality power supply or you'll be back posting about problems you never knew existed. Corsair, Seasonic or Antec if you need to save some money, ESPECIALLY if you're doing CrossFire.

Hmmm, thanks - im using it on my current build but was thinking of using it on my new build as i dont have a huge budget. I think its up for the job. But if i can i will upgrade. i will make sure i wont over watt it, thanks for your feedback.

A case with 10 fans is sooo 1999. You can buy a relatively inexpensive case with large slow moving fans that move more amounts of air than 10 smaller, cyclonic fans could ever accomplish. Cases like the Antec 300, 900 or 1200's are great for this, and the 300 hits a nice price/performance sweet spot (we use them exclusively for new PCs at work)

My case is fairly new, its a casecom, it has one 140mm on top, one 120mm back, two 120mm side, i have two 120mm on CPU cooler, and one 120mm on the front. i do plan on getting a fan controller, but do you still think this is too many fans?

Much appreciate you spending the time to reply.

Back
Top Bottom