Speakers Cutting Out

fetus

In Runtime
Unable to use audio on my computer. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, lately it hasn't been working at all. I'll play a media file and it'll be clear for maybe a second and then it'll cut out...then after some random stretch of time it may work for another split second. It's crackling and going from low to high volume, from one speaker to the other. When I plug the speakers into my Ipod they work normally. I've reinstalled the audio drivers in device manager but to no avail. Any ideas?

<<< System Summary >>>
> Mainboard : EVGA 132-BL-E758
> Chipset : Intel X58
> Processor : Intel Core i7 920 @ 2666MHz
> Physical Memory : 6144MB (3 x 2048 DDR3-SDRAM )
> Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295
> Hard Disk : Western Digital WD1001FALS-75J7B0 ATA Device (1000GB)
> Hard Disk : SAMSUNG HM100UI (1000GB)
> DVD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS50
> DVD-Rom Drive : GPK 6VKDIV0D6B0
> Monitor Type : HF207 - 20 inches
> Network Card : Realtek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
> Network Card : Realtek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
> Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Home Edition Media Center 6.01.7601 Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
> DirectX : Version 11.00
> Windows Performance Index : 5.9 on 7.9

Yup, sounds like a faulty connection. If you're using a plug on the back of the PC, try the front connector (if available) likewise if you've been using the front, try the back.

Otherwise the audio jack could be toast, and you'll either need to buy a new motherboard (or swap it out via RMA) or just buy a discreet audio card like one from MAudio or Creative.

Back
Top Bottom