PSU making fizzing sound

Macmaster4k2

In Runtime
I recently purchased a new video card, MSI R6950, and i have not done any overclocking on the card nor have i overclocked my cpu which is a AMD FX8150. but ever since i got the card, my PSU makes a fizzing sound and gets hot fairly quickly when i play battlefield 3. Any reasons why this is happening? it is 700w psu and should handle my rig with ease.

and it i should get a new psu, what do you guys think of this one?
im planning on getting a second card in the future

Newegg.com - Rosewill LIGHTNING Series LIGHTNING-1000 1000W Continuous @50°C,80 PLUS GOLD Certified,Pipe-rock Modular Design,Single +12V Rail,ATX12V v2.3/EPS12V v2.92,SLI Ready,CrossFire Ready,Active- PFC ,Fan LED color switch Power Suppl

That fuzzing sound you hear is a capacitor getting ready to blow.
Better replace the psu fast mine did the same thing and i let it go for a while then when it finally died it took my video card with it and it took some work to get my hdd working again but yeah I agree for the price go for it and before you end up buying that and other new parts because of catastrophic psu failure

Rosewill power supplies have not been the best in the past. I owned a few and never had any problems (still have a 500 watt in service) but I've not been hearing kind things about the new ones lately.

When building a high end PC, I just don't take any risks - I buy Corsair, Seasonic or Antec and nothing else.

However I wouldn't spend more than $100 for a powersupply.

And that right there is why so many people have so many problems with their high end PCs. The lower end ones I agree don't need something that expensive, but folks building relatively higher end systems need to invest in a good PSU to avoid problems down the line.

Back
Top Bottom