Just the Basics

Paddy1

Beta member
Hey all, I'm just looking for advice on either buying or building a super simple computer. Literally all I am going to be using it for is writing, so it needs capability to run a word processor, and hook up to a printer and a flash drive. Basically just a big typewriter. I might upgrade it later, but for now I don't want to spend much or have any distractions on the computer.

Also I would love any advice on keyboards that people really like and a large monitor(s), which doesn't need to have much in the way of picture quality.

Thanks in advance!
-Patrick

Seems over the top to want to build a PC for this use. Don't you or family/friends have an old one laying around that they don't use. Or hit up craigslist/ebay for some cheap ones.

Ye you don't need nothing special for this, as jmac said you should get a old one around a friends or family and purchase a nice luxury moniter on your own behalf as long as it has the right connections which in doubt it will..

What is your price range? there are many prebuilt computers out there like, dell, hp, etc. that are very affordable and most if not all computers nowadays come standard to being able to run a word processing software with ease

Thanks all- That was what I was thinking, just was having trouble finding something basic -and therefore cheap- enough, but I think I've tracked one down. I was equally interested if anyone knew a place, other than craigslist, to find cheap, large monitors? Again, doesn't need to be flat screen or HD or any thing like that, just looking for something at least in the 24-26" range. Thanks again!

Keyboard. If all your gonna be doing is typing get a mechanical like the DAS

Newegg.com - Das Keyboard DASK3PROMS1 (855800001166) Black 104 Normal Keys USB Wired Standard Model S Professional Keyboard

it'll probably be worth more than the computer u want lol
If thats not for you, this DELL keyboard that im using has got a nice feel and a fat space bar. Dunno what its called but the Model is L100

This link is just to give you an idea about it. i've never bought anything from here before
http://www.buypcsupplies.com/product/38550/

Back
Top Bottom