eVGA 780i sli and corsair h80..hear this out.

Hvc801

Baseband Member
So. Birthday passed, figured ill get myself some new pieces of equipment. After some research I decided to purchase a new watercooled heatsink for my lga775 core 2 duo to see if I can get some more power out of it. Already clocked it to 2.8ghz on air. I'm amped ill get it up to 3.2 or more maybe. I have an evga 780i sli mobo, its great with setting voltages and everything. Great board to play around with. I purchase the corsair H80 CPU cooler. Excited as a pig in shit (excuse my language) get everything hooked up and run the computer. After idling for about 5 min, CRASH. I reboot and go into BIOS to check the system. Now I'm sitting here watching the temp of the proc going 200°+F WHOA. AND its steadily rising. I shut down, take the thing apart and remove the block to see if it had adequate thermal paste on there. It did. But that's when I noticed two capacitors not letting the block sit flush on the processor. And that leads me to seek advice. What do I do in this situation?! I'm so upset...

It wouldn't make a difference, its a perfect square. Aside from that, ithink the inlet and out tubes have to be on the right side for the pump to work properlly. You think maybe I'd be able to shave down the portion of the block where its being obstructed? I only need about an eighth of an inch.

in theory yes that could work but at the same time the cooler may become compromised and wont be able to cool the cpu efficiently.

*fix.

It worked. I rotated the block 90° and it fit well. Pump is running good and everything. I should have put on some better thermal paste, system idles at 27°C. Much better that 102°C lol. Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom