Bios Not Loading

chrisdafrizz

In Runtime
Ok so my uncle brought me his computer its a msi motherboard with a p4 1gig of ram.

Heres the problem, i turn it on and i get video and all componenents working. The bios screen shows and is followed by BIOS NOT FOUND.

I have never come across this any info?

Computer was working fine before it started doing this he said, but im trying to reinstall windows and its not letting me get passed that Bios not loaded screen

any hints? i took out battery and reset but i still get same error, i formatted the harddrive on another pc and i still cant get it to load the bios ??

thanks

"Bios Not Installed" Error

Unfortunately if it can't load the BIOS then you're not going to be able to boot from anything to reflash it. Sometimes motherboards have a removable BIOS chip that you can replace - but beyond that the board may well be dead.

Only other thing that jumps to mind, you say you've tried taking out the battery and putting it back but have you checked it's still good? A dead CMOS battery can cause all sorts of strange issues and this may well be one of them - I'd recommend at least checking it with a multimeter to find out whether it's on the way out or not.

Back
Top Bottom