Random Chit Chat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwards_v._Aguillard

How is it ignorant to say it shouldn't be taught in public schools? If parents want their children to learn this stuff, they can teach it to them themselves. Or send them to a church or a Sunday school or a religious private school. Public Schools are legally required to remain neutral on religion.

This is untrue.

No it's not. The Old Testament is known to be very flawed, they might read from it and it's taken with some parable type meaning, but Catholics are really only supposed to actually follow the teachings of the New Testament.

It's ignorant because that's not letting people know about other common theories.

Eagle Alloys 0642-2087 - Eagle Alloys 064 Series Super Finish Black Wheels - Overview - SummitRacing.com

eh?

going on

4ba6038e.jpg

No it's not. The Old Testament is known to be very flawed, they might read from it and it's taken with some parable type meaning, but Catholics are really only supposed to actually follow the teachings of the New Testament.

Source? I went to Catholic school for eleven years, and not once did they ever say that the entire Old Testament was supposed to be thrown away. There were some things that they said were superseded by Jesus, but the rest is still supposed to apply. They do have a way of completely ignoring the things they don't agree with, but that applies to things in both the old and new testaments.

If you don't believe me, go read the catechism. They use the Old Testament to justify things all the time. Example.

It's ignorant because that's not letting people know about other common theories.

It needs to be kept in it's place though. I am fine with teaching about about religion, but it needs to be done objectively in a social studies class.

Awful. Stick with the stock rims.

Not correct. The Old Testament provides historical context as well as the prophesies which heralded the coming of the Messiah. Jesus said that the old laws should be followed; in particular, he upheld the ten commandments, rephrasing them as two: Love God above all else, and love your neighbor as yourself. He did, however, establish a new covenant with his followers through his sacrifice.

The kosher laws, circumcision, &etc. are not enforced by the Catholic faith (or most other Christian sects) because those are requirements for Jewish people, under the covenant they have with God. Jewish Catholics, I'm sure, adhere to those laws, but Gentiles are exempt by virtue of their being not-Jewish (this is outlined by Paul in the New Testament).

A typical Catholic Mass has three readings-- Old Testament, an Epistle (usually a letter from Paul), and a Gospel reading. Often, the Old testament reading will be related to the Gospel reading.

Guys, I think we all know better than to talk about religion on this forum. Agree to disagree and talk more about latest gen tech, I feel like it's been decades since I put a computer together.

Haven't been here for awhile. Anyways, I'm about to buy a new case. Most likely the Corsair Carbide 500R. I'm trying to find some specs on the case fan, but I can't seem to find any. So anybody want to recommend me 3 120mm fans to buy for the case?

Also, any other opinions about the 500R or should I go with another? Microcenter is selling the 500R for $120, so my price range is around that for the case. I don't feel like getting the CM 690 II as that is really similar to my current case.

Guys, I think we all know better than to talk about religion on this forum. Agree to disagree and talk more about latest gen tech, I feel like it's been decades since I put a computer together.

Eh, I don't really see what's wrong with it so long as it doesn't degrade into name-calling. We are in the "social lounge" after all.

Eh, I don't really see what's wrong with it so long as it doesn't degrade into name-calling. We are in the "social lounge" after all.
Yeah, I know you well enough to know that you won't name call. We may disagree, but life would be boring if we all agreed. Besides, if someone starts name calling me, I can just ban them. HA! Just kidding, I won't do that, unless it's actually going to far.

Anyway, anyone buying facebook stock on the IPO?

Back
Top Bottom