Fell and landed on laptop...need to replace outer shell

Lonnie

Beta member
As the title says. Im not sure where to put this but yea.

I fell on my laptop while it was in its case when moving yesterday...left a nasty bad spot on my back to where its swollen...the laptop also had a "ouchy."

The screen is busted, the top of the laptop is torn up, seems some metal inside of the screen is bent, the lower half is dented up, a couple keys broke off, and the frame around the screen is broke. BUT it works perfectly fine. Im actually using it to type this right now. I have a DVI wire ran to my tv as the monitor. So yea...my conclusion is that it needs a new shell and screen. However I did some googling and I have no idea where to start. Instead of just getting another boring factory thing...I want to custom it a bit. My laptop is still under warranty but I know they wont replace it due to my negligence. Taking it apart will void it...but o well. Cant have it looking like someone took a baseball bat to it.

So yea...can anyone give me somewhat of an idea to start at?

The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite L505

Help would be majorly appreciated :).

you would have to get a screen like it and everything. It may be cheaper just to replace it. Laptops are made to be disposable.

you would have to get a screen like it and everything. It may be cheaper just to replace it. Laptops are made to be disposable.

Theres no way...with the amount of money I spent on it and the fact the parts separate are around $130ish...just no way lol. Works perfectly so there is no reason to buy a new one...a new one on ebay is like $350...id say it be worth just fixing since its only cosmetic...and i guess screen to

Back
Top Bottom