switching to Windows 7

ocan

Beta member
Howdy

I recently had to have the Power Supply replaced.My PC is currently on Windows XP.I was running Windows 7 before the power supply was replaced
but now I can't switch to Windows 7.

I went to the Start Menu and into Explore and Windows 7 is their so my question is how do I switch to Windows 7 now ?

Thanks
Ocan.

you installed xp over 7 and it kept your windows 7 files...(unless set for duel boot)

I would suggest getting the windows 7 boot disk and putting it in then upgrade

It would be impossible to run CMD while on desktop and delete the system files from there, so the only way is to get a new boot disk.

a power supply doesn't have any commands or codes, its power. you could run a computer off of a 12 volt car battery in theory.

What else happened when you replaced the power supply? Did you try to reinstall the OS? Did you make any changes to the computer? Do you dual boot XP and 7?

Windows 7 can't directly upgrade a PC running Windows XP, which complicates things for Windows XP owners. To upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7 You should boot with a new disk and let us know if it works?

If someone has installed his psu they may have installed 7 for him but kept xp.. and his boots straight to xp.. i THINK this is what's happend.

You can upgrade also to windows 7 and it's complicated is only because it can't run xp drivers.. not really complicated :)

If someone has installed his psu they may have installed 7 for him but kept xp.. and his boots straight to xp.. i THINK this is what's happend.

You can upgrade also to windows 7 and it's complicated is only because it can't run xp drivers.. not really complicated :)

What noggin would have done that? :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom