Windows XP looks distorted

bnikitas925

Solid State Member
Colors are distorted, icons are big, colors are just weird.
If this happens to my other computers, I usually just restart and it goes back to normal; but this time it keeps being like this.
This is a very noobish question xD
I am using a dell optiplex gx60, FYI.

When you turn the machine on is the windows loading screen as normal as it normally is..or are the colors gone on that aswell.. or when you switch it on from the start.. is it normal or are the colors wrong?

When you turn the machine on is the windows loading screen as normal as it normally is..or are the colors gone on that aswell.. or when you switch it on from the start.. is it normal or are the colors wrong?
It starts up normally, but when the windows "welcome" screen comes up, the colors get all warped and the text is big.
344bbzt.jpg

^this is what it looks like when you log on and everything.

I saw something when i was googleing this... I thought this was safe mode, but one source said many people mistake it for the wrong video. How (if so) do I change it to the correct one?

Thanks!

right click desktop, click properties, a box shows up, on the tab menu click settings, now change the color settings to 32bit

display-properties.jpg

Apply and OK

Do the same but now with the screen resolution, turn it up more

^This.

Or your graphics driver is missing/failed/needs reloaded. You should be able to find the video driver here. Or you can click on the link to enter your service tag to get a more precise list of drivers for your computer.

Thank you very much for the help... but under settings, the highest I can select for color quality is 4 bit. So I would assume my drivers are bad, as jmacavali was saying.

EDIT: I downloaded new drivers. It works perfectly :D
Thank you guys SO MUCH for the help.

Great! Glad you got it sorted out. PS, save the driver (and maybe download the rest from Dell's site) onto a thumb drive so that you always have them in case this happens or in case you would need to reload the computer later on.

Great! Glad you got it sorted out. PS, save the driver (and maybe download the rest from Dell's site) onto a thumb drive so that you always have them in case this happens or in case you would need to reload the computer later on.
I'm just gonna store it somewhere on my computer :)
How does this happen in the first place?

Back
Top Bottom