Forgotten password on Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krayzie1

Beta member
I have forgotten my password on my Vista running laptop. I have not used the laptop for about 4 months. How can I remove/change the password?

Have you tryed "password" without quotes - that work for me when windows decided to lock my administrator account. Although, I'm currently using Windows XP so it might be different for you. :) Hope this helps...

If you can't get into the "admin" account.
Try booting to safe mode, you should see the administrator account and log in from there. If that is password protected.

You can download:
NT Offline Password. Offline Windows Password & Registry Editor
You'll burn to cd, boot, most settings are defaulted. Instructions are straight forward.

Also if you have a copy of UBCD, offline password is in there as well.

If you can't get into the "admin" account.
Try booting to safe mode, you should see the administrator account and log in from there. If that is password protected.

You can download:
NT Offline Password. Offline Windows Password & Registry Editor
You'll burn to cd, boot, most settings are defaulted. Instructions are straight forward.

Also if you have a copy of UBCD, offline password is in there as well.

In windows 7/vista you can't goto safemode anymore to login as admin without password..

well, if you forgot ur password & you will receive a message that says your user name & password is incorrect. When this message appears click on oK.
Now look below to the password box, there's a "Reset password" option.
click on it & follow the instructions
If U have any problems than U will contact the Windows vista support team anytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom