sound system idea

joker515

Beta member
i have a spare amplifier(like you would use in a car sound system) and a computer power source along with random speakers i have this idea of a monitor (crt) housing with all components removed and replaced with some speakers and an amp... powering it is the issue. thats where the power supply comes in, i have been informed that if you were to splice the #14 and #15 wires on the 20wire connection of a psu you can turn the supply on like hitting the power switch on the faceplate of a computer with a motherboard. does anyone know if you could run a switch between these wires for selective power; or just have any ideas or tips?

maplins would advice and sell connections based on power values. as for speakers to amp check ohms and watts to make sure theyre compatible source is easy

god be with u in jesus name

i have a spare amplifier(like you would use in a car sound system) and a computer power source along with random speakers i have this idea of a monitor (crt) housing with all components removed and replaced with some speakers and an amp... powering it is the issue. thats where the power supply comes in, i have been informed that if you were to splice the #14 and #15 wires on the 20wire connection of a psu you can turn the supply on like hitting the power switch on the faceplate of a computer with a motherboard. does anyone know if you could run a switch between these wires for selective power; or just have any ideas or tips?
Just google converting PSU to power supply and you will have your answer to question.
You are in the right direction!

Back
Top Bottom