Ipaq Pocket PC - Trouble setting up windows live email

Dazalincho

Beta member
I have a Pocket PC 2003 with Outlook 2002. I am trying to set up my email account. I have gotten the incoming server to work (pop3.live.com), but when I use smtp.live.com for the outgoing email it doesn't work.

When I attempt to send an email through outlook it comes up with a message telling me that I need to check that I have network coverage and that my account information is correct. Although I have network coverage, I'm not sure if my account information is correct (such as outgoing server and domain).

I have entered my correct email address, my correct password and username (my email),
Incoming mail: pop3.live.com
Outgoing mail: smtp.live.com
Domain: (left blank)
Outgoing e-mail server requires authentication is checked
Require SSL connection is also checked

I do not know whether I need to put something in Domain, or use a different Outgoing mail server address. What should I do so that I can send mail?

You should find someone with another device and try to set up your mail on thier device. If it doesn't work, then you've narrowed it down to your outgoing settings.

With the Samsung Galaxy S I notice that certain exchange servers do not work on it - they work on every other device I've tried. So.. I'm just recommending people against the Galaxy S. I was fortunate enough to have access to multiple Galaxy Ss though (as well as other devices). I doubt you have a bunch of PPCs readily available ;)

-Q

i always find if u call the people who run ur network they will tell u what to put in
god bless u in jesus name raju

Back
Top Bottom