Internet won't connect to wireless nomore

IAntDemo

xxcobraxx
If you have a wireless connection and one day it suddenly doesn't show your router then it's an obvious microsoft update, if you have automatic updates on it may just update your wireless drivers which can cause it to not connect to the router or even see the router in wireless connections.

Roll back with a system restore to before some of the last updates then turn off certain updates in the mircosoft updates...

this should fix it

Speaking of Windows Update screwing up internet; if you have Windows Firewall shut off (because you have an external firewall), when WIndows Vista automatically updates, it will turn Firewall back on, causing all kinds internet weirdness.

In that case, you have to go back in and turn Windows Firewall off again making sure the options under the Advanced tab are turned off as well, then reboot Windows. Verify that the Firewall did turn off; sometimes it takes a couple tries.

Safest way to get your correct updates is to set windoze to go look for them, tell me about them, but not to install them. Pick the ones you want and install those.
Simple...

Safest way to get your correct updates is to set windoze to go look for them, tell me about them, but not to install them. Pick the ones you want and install those.
Simple...

Easy... if you have only one computer. I 'administrate' seven machines in my home; finding time to sit at each one to check for udpates...

Cannot understand why you would have automatic updates....
You only update when you have problems and not before.

Cannot understand why you would have automatic updates....
You only update when you have problems and not before.

I can't understand why you would want to use a computer with known security holes in it.

Think about this-- Every time Microsoft issues a security update, it is to fix a hole that's been known to the bad guys for quite a while, sometimes a year or more.

I can't understand why you would want to use a computer with known security holes in it.

Think about this-- Every time Microsoft issues a security update, it is to fix a hole that's been known to the bad guys for quite a while, sometimes a year or more.
Depends on what the security update is for or matter of fact what the update is for.
Same as Bios updates, do you update your motherboard when a new bios version is released?
IMO most updates are not essential unless it effects a certain function that you use.
I have used computers since 1990 and in all those years never suffered a security breach that has effected me.... If any I find Internet security suits coupled with a router which has hardware firewall capabilities is sufficient security.
Again my own opinion.

Depends on what the security update is for or matter of fact what the update is for.
Same as Bios updates, do you update your motherboard when a new bios version is released?
IMO most updates are not essential unless it effects a certain function that you use.
I have used computers since 1990 and in all those years never suffered a security breach that has effected me.... If any I find Internet security suits coupled with a router which has hardware firewall capabilities is sufficient security.
Again my own opinion.

... and there it is, my favorite tune: I've never had any problems doing it this way, therefore it must be perfectly safe and legitimate for everyone to do it this way.

Of course, it's usually coupled with either 'What do you mean you're pregnant?' or 'I have what disease?'

... and there it is, my favorite tune: I've never had any problems doing it this way, therefore it must be perfectly safe and legitimate for everyone to do it this way.

Of course, it's usually coupled with either 'What do you mean you're pregnant?' or 'I have what disease?'
Like I said I have my opinion and you have yours.....Do what you like, I only made a comment on my own experiences.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom