Computer not powering up

AustinCann

Beta member
I recently designed a software application to run on a personal computer running windows 7 home premium.
This is an i3 pc installed with windows home premium. On display side, two monitors one connected to vga port and second through converter(I think HDMI). This system had worked fine whole year.
Today when I connected 230 V to PC, I saw text " No Signal" for about 7 seconds. It disappeared and there was nothing displayed on the monitors after that
I removed vga cables and connected to my laptop, both monitors worked with no issues.
I took off the cover of the pc to check if I could spot some problems. Both fans were working. I check cd rom by pressing eject button and its working fine too.

I took off the cover of the pc and found fans were running. Pressing eject button, I found cd-rom is working too.
I am new to computer so sorry for appearing naive.
I want to find the problem and make sure it wont happen again. This is the desktop pc which is supposed to be running 15 years with no issues. Can I have comment on this please:

1) What could be the reason for this behaviour? The pc had run fine last year. It happened now all of sudden.

2) I found fans running very slow, I cant hear them. Dont know if its getting enough power? Could that be the problem?

3) Could it be the problem with the graphics card and resolution is to buy pcie graphics card from pc world with two ports and install it.

Kind Regards
Austin

What do you mean when you say you "connected 230V to PC"? Do you mean you plugged it into an outlet that wasn't 110V? That could have damaged your PSU, if not other components as well.

What do you mean when you say you "connected 230V to PC"? Do you mean you plugged it into an outlet that wasn't 110V? That could have damaged your PSU, if not other components as well.

He is from the UK, they use 230 volt over there just like we do in Australia, while you use America uses 110 volt.

Hey, does the hard drive activity light flash at all and does the hard drive make any sound like its being read by the computer ?

Also do you get any beeps from the computer when you power it on.

You could try making sure everything is secure in your system, RAM and so on

Also if you have more than one stick of RAM try taking one stick out and then turn on the machine, if nothing put the piece you took out and put it back in and take the other stick out.

Let me know if you get anywhere.

you could also test your PSU for voltage defects.

Youtube Video

atx-connector-20-24pin.jpeg

This is what voltages you should be getting

Could also be a defected graphics card, best things to do here is to remove the card and test to see if you get anything through the onboard motherboard VGA port.

If you get nothing through your motherboards video output then its prob not your card.

No. There is no sound from the hard drive. Infact, no sound at all. Fans are also running quietly(slowly).

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

Plus everything seems secure in the pc

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

When you say damaged battery. Is there a battery within pc.?

i recently had a problem similar to yours...
try removing the Ram chips and if you have others..you could try them and see
it worked for me..the computer wasn't powering up coz the RAM was messed.
when i tried different RAM chips.it worked

Back
Top Bottom