processor vs RAM upgrade

1adf1

Baseband Member
ok so i have just got a new laptop to do all my assignments instead of using slow uni computers

HP Pavilion g6-1244sa 15.6" Laptop - Blue at cheap prices | PC World

with an intel i5-2430m CPU and 6gb RAM

now when i run a large exel and word program with 2 or 3 minitab programs (data analysis program), my laptop starts to slow down when say carrying out a large data calculation witch gives a fair amount of information.

is this my processor that is coursing the problem or is it the RAM i.e. if i upgrade it to 8Gb from 6Gb of RAM will this speed up the laptop

(also ruining 2 external monitors + laptop screen at the same time)

thanks for the advice 1adf1

actually there really decent specs for a laptop and I can honestly say this shouldn't have issues.

I'd of thought it'd be the harddrive or maybe the computer is slow because it's full of junk.. give it a good clean and scan the registry, download this program and do as what I've listed, registry clean and a system clean

Download CCleaner 3.14.1616 - FileHippo.com

thanks for this IAntDemo

ill try this alto i only just got the laptop this year do they really get clogged up that fast even tho i tend to use it a fair few hours a day.

and do u think it could of been because it had been on and running for 5-6hours none stop before i found any issues

lol, ye it could be, when you have it plugged in at the bottom right it'll have your power scheme, right click the power and set it to high performance, this also could be the issue.

I actually clean my system once a week, everything you do on your systems goes to a folder called prefetch in the windows folder, I also deleted everything in here as it helps keeps things tidy, and ccleaner once a week, computers do get clogged up pretty fast if you use it alot and browse alot

removed 120mb of data so not that bad im guessing. haven't relay had any problems since yesterday when this was happening think i mite just have 2 close 1 or 2 documents if it ever starts happening again.

and now iv got my belkin switch2 set up my old computer is just going to be used for music and not have any music and films and that on my laptop

thanks for all the help
1adf1

Back
Top Bottom