Random Chit Chat

Man i really want to post a thread but I don't know how and it says "You may post new threads"!

Go to whatever section you want to post the new thread in. In the upper left of screen, above all of the current threads you should see a "new post" button.

So... it looks like the Louisiana Republican party screwed me out of voting in the primary. Back in November, I went on their website and looked around for any sort of eligibility rules, but I couldn't find anything in that disaster of a website. I also googled for registration requirements and found nothing.

Today, I googled it again, and found this. Still nothing on the GOP website. So it seems that I had to register a full three and a half months before the primary to be eligible to vote in it, but they made no attempt whatsoever to inform people of this restriction. What the hell? Guess I'm just going to register as independent for now. This has really pissed me off.
I don't understand, what do you mean register to vote as a party?
is this for picking candidates to stand as the party representatives?

It's for the primary, which is basically an election to choose which candidate the party officially supports for the real presidential election in November. That's why we have so many candidates right now, they're all running for the Republican nomination. Whoever wins (looks like Romney atm) will go up against Obama. My problem is that the Republican Party in Louisiana apparently requires voters to be registered with the party months in advance, versus in other states where there are open primaries or no restriction on past affiliation with the party.

Our political system is so completely screwed up right now. Two parties control pretty much every position of power. Most people aren't a big fan of either, but they see one party's candidate as a far worse option, so they go with whichever is least objectionable. The point really isn't to vote for who you want, it's voting against whoever you don't want. IMO, we should either abolish the parties altogether or do something like the German Parliament where parties are allowed a certain number of seats proportional to how people vote. If either happened, I think we'd end up with representatives who actually represent the people who elected them, and it would get rid of these ridiculous games the parties keep playing with each other. Unfortunately, this will never happen, again, because the government is controlled by the largest parties, which are the ones that'd be hurt by this.

Looks like there is a "thanks" button now. What exactly does it do?

Here are a few pictures from Colorado. They're scans of prints, so the quality isn't very good and they all ended up with the edges cropped off, but they're good enough to get the idea.

EPSON005.jpg

EPSON006.jpg

EPSON007.jpg

EPSON008-2.jpg

...continued

EPSON009-1.jpg

EPSON010-1.jpg

I also have a big pile of slide film and a few more B&W that I haven't gotten around to developing yet, so I'll have more later.

Oh, and large format is awesome. See that windmill in the first picture? Well, here it is:

P1128385.jpg

There's actually a lot more detail than that, I just don't have a good enough scanner to show it.

Why are embedded images limited to four per post? I can see something like ten, but four is pretty ridiculous. Can an admin fix this?

Back
Top Bottom