What is your favorite Linux?

BikerEcho

Fully Optimized
What is your favorite Linux?
And why.
i like ubuntu the most. (at least of those i have tryed)
i have tryed Suse, Redhat, Ubuntu and kubuntu

yeah i will also never go away from windows as long DirrectX and EXE does not have full support in Linux. i am running Linux on my Laptop.

so it is just a question to what your favorite Linux is.
my Main PC has Windows, and will always have as long Linux cant play games.

i am just wondering that the most popular Linux is on this forum ^-^

ubuntu , it's alot easier to use for me.. I don't like having to use terminal but in all honesty unbuntu seems to have me in it's good books..

I edited my post because you have a very good point .. so I'm sorry to come and say windows.. but personally I don't hate linux, infact I think it can do more then windows when it comes to command lines..

Mostly when I can't use my laptop because of some error or windows won't install I'd turn to ubuntu, it installs and works threw bad harddrives unlike windows.. I had a faulty harddrive at the time and xp wouldn't load because it had bad sectors, unbuntu on the other hand worked but still had errors about harddrive but I was pleased unbuntu could fly threw the errors :)

So I have used a lot of different distributions in my day, anything from Damn Small Linux (DSL) to all the mainstream ones. As for what my Favorite one is I don't have an exact favorite. They all work very well.

I will say that I have an Ubuntu server running this is for ease of access because I am kinda lazy. The only way I connect is with Terminal, which isn't that hard to use once you know a few commands.

I have Fedora running on my laptop most of the time. I like Fedora because of the community it has. There are a lot of people that will help you even when the problem is minor, and it has been asked a thousand times.

If I had to choose a true favorite I would say it is two fold. I really like Gentoo, and Slackware. This is because I have to do pretty much everything for myself in building the OS and choosing what programs I want to run. Now I would appreciate it if you don't go and call me a fan boy but I should expect it.

very good post wmorri
i will not call you a fanboy, don't worry. we all have our favorites.

right now it is actually Kubuntu i like most. i did switch because that i didnt like Gnome Shell (gnome 3) too much.
so i went back to KDE, with was the first UI i used with Ubuntu. that was what made me use Linux 1 year ago.

Unfortunately I am selling me laptop in order to get the new ASUS Transformer Prime with Android 4.0. i got a buyer already. 4500kr ^-^ that is what the Prime cost.
so it is an equal trade ^-^

Back
Top Bottom