Maybe buying a shop

IAntDemo

xxcobraxx
Hello all.. I've come into some ideas, personally my jobs great but I want my own business, my boss (step dad) said will help me.. we know alot about business and how they work.. it's our job, but we've recently or I have come up with a suggestion to purchase a shop and have it as an EBAY shop.. but not on ebay.. an actually shop you walk into.. browse one of the laptops setup in my shop and look for an item on ebay they want.. they'd pay you cash and then the item would be sent to my shop.. i then delivery the goods and take my commission, the question is.. what gaps and problems are that I would run into..

I know paypal charges also..
I know ebay charges also

What are the negative come backs you can think of that may happen.. because I want to research this field and postion as big as I can before I purchase the shop and set it up..

I'm not too wealthy either so I wouldn't be buying a massive place, just a small shop with 10 computers set up, nice coffee or tea and snacks for people using the shop as an internet cafe.. that also is what i'm using the shop for just for extra income.. I don't need to know info on what I need but what could happen..

If you can take your time and maybe think I'll be very thank full , maybe if things go well I might open up a pc repairs company where I'd have a few workers to fix computers around the town.. maybe hire YOU if you live close lol.. who knows I could go world wide and have all CF working for me, haha whos your boss now! just jokin, that's not going to happen, hey, i would tho :)

Never heard of such a thing and I don't think it would work. Ebay is not nearly as good a value as it used to be with the fees and all. Businesses that sell goods for people are struggling. This one seems like it wouldn't work at all. Sorry to say man.

Ye I'd get hit with fees but my commission would cover that and delivery.. maybe you could be right.. but who knows.. I still am not put of by that

you mean small businesses that can't afford to pay the bank back?

I mean small businesses like this don't make a profit. Doesn't matter what capital was used to start the business, it isn't making a return. Especially not in this market.

In this economy, a safer investment would be under your mattress. Running a business requires a LOT of work. Opening a shop saying you'll buy stuff off ebay for people isn't going to make a profit. Even if you cover losses (item damaged, not shipped, wrong item shipped, and so on), hardly anyone will use the service. It's more of a pain than buying yourself at home.

Ummm, well I might be repairing computers, a call out person.. just to start off..see how that goes.. from their it should be a word of mouth

I'm going to see a guy who owns this shop on whitegate drive tommrow, just found his shop lol.. must be good if he's around .. we'll see

Why on earth would someone pay you for merely Physically paying for their ebay item using paypal? They will already be paying postage on their item to get delivered to you then you want them to pay again for you to deliver it to them? Bit crazy if you expect people to do that in this economy.

well I didn't say I'd need to delivery to them.. they can pick it up, and not everyone likes having their bank details on the internet , and not everyone has a bank card..

alot of items are free delivery anyway on ebay, so you'd research the sellers info and prices before purchasing..

well I didn't say I'd need to delivery to them.. they can pick it up,

So where do you expect to make you profit then? How much do you think you can plan on charging them just to pay for their item for them?

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Ye I'd get hit with fees but my commission would cover that and delivery

To be earning enough commission or profit to make a living off you need to be offering a service that people can't/won't/aren't able to do themselves. Any idiot and their dog plus their cat and bird can buy something off ebay and have it delivered to their door from the comfort of their own lounge room. They don't need to jump into their car and drive to a cafe and pay extra to do it. Sure you may get the odd customer who doesn't own a computer or has more money than energy or is just plain lazy. You need to work out and write down the exact figures on what you would be paying in rent for your shop, electricity, insurance, outlay to get the computers to start it off etc and every other expense and then write down the few dollars commission you can charge for each person that uses your service. Then the reality of it might hit you.

Back
Top Bottom