Kim Jong-Il Dead

Post 43 seems to be an attempt to elevate you into the position of Guru Extraordinaire by one of your devoted cult fan club and casts aspersions on my ability to handle a simple literary debate. My opinion ? Not printable. Making direct slurs at members is not my style and is the privilege of the playground. Perhaps you will use your authority to chastise this person for being unnecessarily abusive.
But - the golf!

But ROOT your post 46 is both highly commendable and respectful. I really appreciate your entire text and the superb, tolerant, delicate and knowledgeable way in which you decided to handle this inflammatory issue. It is diplomatic, personally impressive and written with genuine understanding of my own views and experience, all of which is gratefully and respectfully received. YES Root, I thank you so much.
Golf?

I obviously do not agree with everything you say, but why should I ? After all it is an issue of difference of opinions and what would life be like if we all thought the same ? I could answer that, but had better not.
What about my golf post! :(

You say you are a distinguished member of the "Site Team" with the power of life and death, rather like Emperor Nero, thumbs up we live, thumbs down we die. Well bully for you.

I do not wish to be unworthy of your position in life or obvious educational prestige or incur your wrath, but I simply could not give a toss. I am a free intelligent and highly educated qualified thinker and have never let authority steam-roller me into submission. OK, at times I feel like Davy Crockett at the Alamo, but decide to die with honour, prestige and dignity, rather than become a human robot or Lemming.
Human robots that could play golf....?

To shoot one`s adversaries in order to achieve success, is not the path of democracy, more in line with Dictators philosophy. Change my way of thinking and expression ? Not on your Nelly Root. I have survived many battles in my life and I am still here punching. I do not go out to offend, but if people do not like what I say, then they can lump it. The answer ? Don`t cry and run to Momma, use your intellectual ability to contest the problem.
Did I mention the golf?

Would you please exert your divine powers invested in you as a member of the "Site Team" to KILL this thread as it is serving no useful purpose whatsoever.
Nah the gol... AH, we're finally on the same page!! ;)

To shoot one`s adversaries in order to achieve success, is not the path of democracy,
you'd never be banned for the opinion. just the expression...

and whilst people are often asked for their views to improve the place, it's not a democracy, it's a private members club. on becoming a member we all agreed to abide by certain rules.

Like I said, there wasn't a great deal wrong with what you wrote, it was just given the way that the thread was going I wanted to make it clear that certain things were better not said.

A great man once said, I may not agree with what you say, but I'd defend to the death your right to say it.
Whilst I ordinarily try to live my life like that, Here, on this forum in order to try to make the place accessible and accepting of everybody we unfortunately can't live to those ideals.

Well, if you have had military experience I will remind you and if you have not I will tell you what a "grunt" is.

In military jargon, a "grunt" is one of the thousands of rank and file of ordinary footsloggers that get all the dirty jobs to do at the sharp end of military operations. Usually otherwise called the PBI = Poor bloody infantry.
I know what a grunt is... That's why I said what I did.

I know it is a pretty dead thread by now, but feel it necessary to update the North Korean insect mentality or middle age barbarian tactics of clustering around the "leader" when any threat is present, by pasting this latest media report :-

"North Korea has called on the country to defend the new leader, Kim Jong-un, to the death, in a New Year message.

The army, ruling party and people should be prepared to act as "human shields" for the son and successor of Kim Jong-il, the message released by state media said."

Bees and ants do it, so why not the dark age mentality of the North Korean brain ?

The joke is that they appear to have underestimated in modern warfare, is that a human shield is no use against a Nuke attack. Human material is highly combustible when subjected to nuclear fusion.

Back
Top Bottom