Power on, fan spins...nothing (else) happens

that can damage the cpu, it actually could be just the cpu, when no picture is showing I've mostly found it was the cpu, re-seating it 95% has fixed them issues.. running a test without the heatsink 'could' damage it, depends how long for, if it was 2mins+, I'm pretty much saying it's gone..

Nah, wasn't that long. Maybe 45 seconds. That was the last of any test I've done; all other tests were done previously and included the heatsink and fan.

It's a shame really, I was hoping re-seating it would of fixed it as that was my next option.. let me reread and i'll think of some soultions.. hold on, what about the c-mos battery, durr how comes I never thought of that first lol.. try taking it out and putting it back in

Ah, I did think of that as well :). I took out the battery and tried booting with it out and with it in. No difference in either case. I'm not sure if it matters, but the battery was out of the board for a good 15-20 minutes at least.

EDIT: I'm not terribly worried; I can pick up a cheap reliable board. It is a bit tricky to find a Micro-ATX form that supports 8G of DDR3 and the 775 socket, but not impossible. Newegg actually says the form factor is is mini-ITX, but I'm pretty sure that's not the case; afaict, mini-ITX boards are all a uniform square: 6.75"x6.75", and this is definitely a rectangular board with dimensions a bit larger than that.

you know that power supply,

Compatibility G2/G5/G5M/G6/K/D Series

what's your shuttle ? I mean is it a series.. I'm sorry never dealed with a shuttle

What power pack did you have before?

You're thinking a power supply issue? My model is from Shuttle's XPC series. I called Shuttle's Support line and asked them what the most powerful power supply compatible with that system is (gave them the serial number to confirm the exact model). I suppose maybe I was dealing with a rep that didn't know what he was talking about. The specs on the PC60 don't say anything about the XPC line, although there is the PC50 which is another 300W specifically listed for the XPC line.

What are you thinking could be the problem with the power supply?

if it's not compatible then yes i'm confused with these shuttles lol.. I think this needs more of a person whos in depth with series and stuff because what I see is your XPC is a SG41J1? and the power supplys on ebay

Shuttle XPC | eBay

say PC63J and PC35 just as an example, and your power supply link says about PC60, so I'm thinking that you've got the wrong one..

Then I find this

Shuttle 300Watt Power Supply Unit for the SG41J1 OPEN BOX - BOX AND PRODUCT PRISTINE - CLEARANCE (PC61JOB) - www.misco.co.uk

And this looks to me is the one you need?

Don't go for just what I say but do tell me does this sound right?>

Hmmmm, yeah that's definitely the model I have (SG41J1). I guess I just don't know enough about hardware to know how the one I have could be incompatible if I have the right connectors/terminators. Is it a matter of difference in how much power is carried on each connection or something?

I would of thought the one you purchased would of worked because yes you can plug the adapter in aslong as it has the correct voltage.

Have you tried taking it out of the case and rebuild it on the side case of the tower itself.

take it all to bits, and place it on the tower and rebuild it, try 1 ram, then 2, and diffirent one's if it still occurs , I'm sure you've done that already tho like you said..

take the harddrive out also.. if it still has it altho i doubt it's that

cd drive also

just use the motherboard, cpu +heatsink/fan, memory, power 20 pin in or 24 what ever you have and the 4pin also in.. nothing else needs to be in .. and use the onboard graphics which I'm guessing you already have

Well, I've not tried building it actually outside the case, but I have tried running it with only the fan, RAM and CPU inserted and without any drives receiving power.

Back
Top Bottom