What did you give for Christmas?

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
I know everyone focuses on what they got for Christmas but did anyone give anything good?

I just got everyone gift cards from Amazon, that way they can buy whatever they want. I never know what to get people and I'm not into giving people stuff just to get them something. I figure they'll buy something they really want or need on their own.

Touche Tommy!

I got my wife some cookie monster full body pajamas from spencers and my oldest son a copy of Lego Harry Potter for Wii... now I can't play Gears 3 because he's always on the Wii!! haha

We did do a White Elephant at work and I found the Windows 95, Windows ME and Windows 2000 discs. I threw in a 3 1/2 'floppy' with an Autoexec.bat and Config.sys to install 95 :D

I got my son some toys..hat and gloves , books, and bits and bats(he's only 18m).. my mum a nice picture frame of my son.. 2 dvd's , JPS perfume, my sister some smelly stuff, and hair spray.. grandma some bath accessories.. my dad some aftershave, step dad, little golf accessories, gardening book, and my step dad's girlfriend a ipad table rest..

Ye and cards for everyone else :eek:

I gave my dad some books on workshop building (ideads for building and a book on wiring codes) as he's planning on building a garage this year.
I gave his misses a huge jar of sweets.

I've got my mum and her fella some beer and some cider.

my daughter got insane amounts of toys, to be honest they were all bought in sales, but there are just stupid amounts of them! (she is four though, so she still believes that Santa has brought them for her which is quite nice actually.)

Touche Tommy!

I got my wife some cookie monster full body pajamas from spencers and my oldest son a copy of Lego Harry Potter for Wii... now I can't play Gears 3 because he's always on the Wii!! haha

We did do a White Elephant at work and I found the Windows 95, Windows ME and Windows 2000 discs. I threw in a 3 1/2 'floppy' with an Autoexec.bat and Config.sys to install 95 :D
Haha....old OS disks...sounds like a gag gift! And a floppy disk? Who has floppy drives anymore....:cool:

I got my son some toys..hat and gloves , books, and bits and bats(he's only 18m).. my mum a nice picture frame of my son.. 2 dvd's , JPS perfume, my sister some smelly stuff, and hair spray.. grandma some bath accessories.. my dad some aftershave, step dad, little golf accessories, gardening book, and my step dad's girlfriend a ipad table rest..

Ye and cards for everyone else :eek:
But I didn't get a card from you....lol

I gave my dad some books on workshop building (ideads for building and a book on wiring codes) as he's planning on building a garage this year.
I gave his misses a huge jar of sweets.

I've got my mum and her fella some beer and some cider.

my daughter got insane amounts of toys, to be honest they were all bought in sales, but there are just stupid amounts of them! (she is four though, so she still believes that Santa has brought them for her which is quite nice actually.)
Lots of good stuff there, the books are a thoughtful gift. That's what I like to do, give people stuff they'll actually use. If your dad is building a garage I'm sure those books will be invaluable to him.

.....Wait.....you mean Santa doesn't really exist???.........:santa:

Haha....old OS disks...sounds like a gag gift! And a floppy disk? Who has floppy drives anymore....:cool:

Here's the email that we got.

All,

There is some interest in having our annual IT White Elephant Gift exchange.

White Elephant Gifts
The term white elephant refers to a gift whose maintenance costs exceed its usefulness.
These gifts are typically inexpensive, humorous items or used items from home.

All the gifts in the exchange were as about as Epic as mine. Someone got stuck with a Hannah Montana song guitar and a painted rock lol

.....Wait.....you mean Santa doesn't really exist???.........:santa:
I was told a brilliant but also terrible story this year by a guy who works in a school.

basically a kid says to the guy, "Mr F, Santa doesn't really exist does he?" the teacher Mr F think for a little while, and says, how old are you?
the kid says he's nine, so the teacher thinks well, fair enough he's old enough and seems to have figured it out, so a response that would confirm this won't do much hard.

so he says
"did you figure that out for yourself, or did someone tell you"

and the kid says.
"no, I looked it up on the internet"

That child found out there was no Santa by googling it. (I find that a bit sad)

That child found out there was no Santa by googling it. (I find that a bit sad)
Cor, dear.

Back in my day you had to work that out by hand by taking into account the population, average distance between the houses and timezones, *then* realise it was wayy beyond impossible to the point of ridiculous.

At least that's how I did it ;)

As for the original thread title, a breadmaker! At least that was the most interesting thing. Some glasses and oven gloves featured as well!

Back
Top Bottom