Urgent - Icons File in System32 has Disappeared!

grullborg

Baseband Member
Help! As the title says, my Icons file in the system32 folder has somehow just disappeared! I haven't done anything to it, so I don't know what's wrong with my computer. I've scanned for viruses, malware, spyware and the rest and haven't found anything. What should I do now?

Update: After using many different search tools, I've finally located the file, it's in C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\C\WINDOWS\system32
However, when I tried cutting it and pasting in it's original location (C:\WINDOWS\system32), it didn't work. I don't even know where I got the Qoobox folder from. I can't check my log files, because I've been trying to fix problems on my PC lately and in the process, cleaned the log files. Any advice on how to extract the Icons folder from Qoobox folder, and then (if possible) delete the Qoobox file would be greatly appreciated.

P.S: Ironically, of all the advanced scanning tools and searching tools that I used, the only one that found the folder was Windows Search.

Your problem is Qoobox. Download and run this tool, it should undo the damage that Qoobox has done to your PC:

A guide and tutorial on using ComboFix

In the instructions on that page, it says not to use Combofix unless instructed to do so by a helper.

I'm that helper. It'll work for you here. :)

I used Combofix, and it didn't do anything, as far as I can see. I couldn't post the log file here because it's too long, but I uploaded it, the link is Combofix.txt

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom