Video Card Upgrade

Nick B1

Beta member
Hello,
I want to apologize ahead of time for my lack of knowledge; I'm fairly new to the whole computer tech thing. I am looking to upgrade the video card in this pc. Newegg.com - Gateway FX Series FX6840-21 Desktop PC Intel Core i5 650(3.20GHz) 8GB DDR3 1TB HDD Capacity ATI Radeon HD 5570 Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Could someone make some suggestions? I have no clue what I'm looking for. I mostly use this computer for mmo and fps gaming and it would be nice to play on settings higher than low. My budget is limited to $275. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Again, sorry for the lack of information.

I agree, the 6950 in this case would probably be best, as it offers the ability to work with your existing power supply. The Ti 560 should also be ok, but a lot of the ones I have seen want 550+ watts on the power supply, and yours comes with just a 500 watt. That being said however, the 6950 is a beast - a friend of mine has it and he loves it.

Welcome to CF, and no, lack of knowledge is not something to apologize for. Everyone starts somewhere.

It's a slight bump in clock speeds, so unless you feel as though you can't accomplish the same thing yourself on the lower end card (the cheaper one) then buy the more expensive one, but I think you'll probably be able to swing it, so there's no reason to spend the extra money in this case.

Back
Top Bottom