Random Chit Chat

I never said the beliefs become more rational, just that the sense of morality it supports modernizes.

And really, every religion seems completely insane to outsiders. Mormonism is not particularly worse than any others, it's just easier to trace its roots, which makes it seem less likely. I'd have to say that Scientology is an exception here though. That is just so completely out there. Technically, it's no more unlikely than any other religion, it's just that it has so little in common with anything else that it's perceived as being worse.

Got a ticket today that a printer would not print and had a flashing red light. Before sending in a ticket, the user tried rebooting their computer, the printer, checked for jams, anything they could think of. Upon inspection of the printer, the paper tray was empty and the light indicated no paper..

Mormons: Your argument is invalid :D

Note: The Mormon religion, now Church of Ladder Day Saints has come a ways, but some of the fundamental beliefs are just odd. I'm not trying to bash the religion, but for being a fairly new religion founded in a somewhat modern society... yea.
Latter day saints

I used to live next door to the Mormon church in Oxford (UK), I always found them to be pleasant people.

Latter day saints

I used to live next door to the Mormon church in Oxford (UK), I always found them to be pleasant people.

Don't get me wrong, my best friend that I grew up with is Mormon. I basically lived at his house and I don't think a belief system will determine a persons general disposition towards his/her fellow man. They were great people. I did, however, go to plenty of the morning gatherings where they would indoctrinate the children. The beliefs that they taught were... interesting.

So, it looks like adorama just screwed me over. On the 16th, I ordered some 4x5 film for a trip, leaving December 26th. It arrived today, but all that was in the box were two packs of polaroid film. No packing slip or anything. I went on their website, and it's all listed as shipped, with the same tracking number as the box I received. My Pentax is currently malfunctioning, so all I have for a week-long Colorado trip is 25 sheets of Delta, 10 sheets of Velvia, and some random scraps of Fomapan. &%*$!

EDIT: I called Adorama, and they were very helpful. Turns out the UPS shredded the package, then repacked it in a different box without some of the items. Adorama is handling all the UPS claim stuff and they shipped me some new film 3-day to the hotel, so it should be there waiting for me when I arrive.

Last edited:
Caaaarrrl!
Happy Birthday!
It's not... please tell me you had nothing to do with this!
Why don't you blow out your candle?
You've gone too far this time Carl!
What's that? It's hard to hear you over the sound of melting city!
How did you even do this?
A dollop of fairy dust.
Caarl
I ripped the tag off a mattress
This isn't funny Carl!
Who's laughing? Clearly not all of the people who just exploded.

Llamas with Hats. Entertaining bored geeks at midnite for over a year.

Ba-dum---PSSH!
Llamas with Hats 4 - YouTube

Has anyone heard of altitude screwing up lcd screens? I'm up in Colorado and my phone suddenly has weird patterns of defective pixels all over the screen. It's definitely not physical damage, because the thing hasn't been anywhere besides on a table and in my bag, and they're right in the middle instead of on the edges. Something similar did happen once before, but it went away after a while, and it hasn't been a problem in at least six months.

*waves from his house* Where in Colorado?

My Droid X did that recently, then stopped, but the phone was already on its way to meet the digital maker.

Has anyone heard of altitude screwing up lcd screens? I'm up in Colorado and my phone suddenly has weird patterns of defective pixels all over the screen. It's definitely not physical damage, because the thing hasn't been anywhere besides on a table and in my bag, and they're right in the middle instead of on the edges. Something similar did happen once before, but it went away after a while, and it hasn't been a problem in at least six months.

This happened to me recently (iPhone) just before my battery exploded. It started to swell and pressed against the display. :nonono:

*waves from his house* Where in Colorado?

My Droid X did that recently, then stopped, but the phone was already on its way to meet the digital maker.

I'm in Frisco. The spots went away a couple hours ago. I'm convinced it's from the changes in air pressure.

This happened to me recently (iPhone) just before my battery exploded. It started to swell and pressed against the display. :nonono:

:eek: Yeah, that tends to happen with those lithium polymer batteries. That's why apple is the only company using them in their phones. A slight bump in the wrong place causes them to fail spectacularly. I've seen videos of some fairly violent explosions after model aircraft get damaged.

It's really cold here. I was out taking pictures on a frozen lake earlier, and the film froze. I had to take the camera back inside and warm it up before it'd wind the rest of the way. Oh well, at least it gives me another excuse to use the large format camera. It really doesn't matter if the sheet film freezes.

Back
Top Bottom