Driver/gaming/hardware help

scott_frampton

Beta member
[FONT=&quot]Evening all ,

Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong group ,

I have currently having trouble with my graphics card ( i think ) I'm trying to play a few games which all of them seem not to play in full screen mode ,
I've tried changing capability windows xp service pack 2 also tried changing the screen revolution , run as admin e.c.t but does not seem to wanna play, so i tried to update my graphics card but that seem to be a problem when installing saying something to do with [FONT=&quot]System dose not meet the Requirements, also sometimes when I'm playing it lags a lot even playing the old gta vice city ,
[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Thanks very much in advance !
[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]------------------[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]System Information[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]------------------[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot] System Manufacturer: Sony Corporation[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot] System Model: VPCCA2S0E/g[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot] BIOS: BIOS Date: 04/15/11 15:48:32 Ver: 04.06.03[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot] Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.1GHz[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot] Memory: 8192MB RAM[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Available OS Memory: 8104MB RAM[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot] Page File: 1804MB used, 14399MB available[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot] DirectX Version: DirectX 11[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]DX Setup Parameters: Not found[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot] User DPI Setting: Using System DPI[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot] System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot] DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot] DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]---------------[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Display Devices[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]---------------[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Manufacturer: Intel Corporation[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] DAC type: Internal[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0116&SUBSYS_9081104D&REV_09[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Display Memory: 1696 MB[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Dedicated Memory: 64 MB[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Shared Memory: 1632 MB[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Monitor Model: unknown[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Monitor Id: AUO223C[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (60.041Hz)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Output Type: Internal[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Driver Name: igdumd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igdumdx32,igd10umd32,igd10umd32[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Driver File Version: 8.15.0010.2361 (English)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Driver Version: 8.15.10.2361[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] DDI Version: 10.1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Driver Model: WDDM 1.1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Driver Attributes: Final Retail[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Driver Date/Size: 7/5/2011 10:14:04, 8238592 bytes[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Unfortunately, the Intel HD graphics are about as slow as you can get these days. It's a shame their drivers aren't working for you now when you try to update (in my experience, this is common, Intel must get tired of supporting older solutions for some reason).

Another fault going against you is the fact that it's a Sony. I'm not trying to diss the brand, but historically, they've been poor at supporting hardware past 6 months. If you can't use the Intel drivers direct from Intel, and the Sony drivers are the only ones available, you're kind of stuck with those.

Unfortunately, the Intel HD graphics are about as slow as you can get these days. It's a shame their drivers aren't working for you now when you try to update (in my experience, this is common, Intel must get tired of supporting older solutions for some reason).

Another fault going against you is the fact that it's a Sony. I'm not trying to diss the brand, but historically, they've been poor at supporting hardware past 6 months. If you can't use the Intel drivers direct from Intel, and the Sony drivers are the only ones available, you're kind of stuck with those.

Thanks for the reply :)

yeh fully understand what your mean , ive always thought that sony vaio were known for graphics lol althought i have figured it out i change a few settings and all my games now are full screen and no lag either and ive been playing f1 2011 , and gta ive just bought need for speed the run and rage so i will install them later and test it out , but all seems to be fine now ! just hope it stays that way :)

once again thanks for your reply

Back
Top Bottom