Your favorite 2011 Christmas gift

Well, on my side we don't make gifts to each other very much, since I have my newphew and niece, but I did get a few chocolates...and my favorite...a Tim Horton's card.

My son got me a sculpture of a Lion head. Not exactly anything I would ever ask for, but when you get something from a child that loves you, it becomes less about what it actually is and more about the display of affection and what it means to them. I'd say you got more than anyone in this thread!

3DS :D

and Resident Evil 3D: The Mercenaries

I've only heard good things about the 3DS. There's no glasses needed right?

A beer making kit!....and a Tim Hortons card.

Nice! Got any brewing ingredients in mind? While I hate the taste of beer, I hate the taste of Wheat beer the least lol

Nothing to shout about, just to wake up, give my wife a big hug, get a welcome from my Rottie Kaiser, enjoy the warmth of our coloured Xmas lights and tree, then have a superb Turkey dinner at mid-day with lots of lovely vegetables and wine. Even Kaiser had an Xmas dinner.

Then spend the rest of the day in perfect peace and relaxation all together watching the TV and me puffing cigars and swigging Rum.

Can`t ask for more.

PS - Exercise ? Not me chum, I leave that heart attack medicine for others.

Family is really what it's supposed to be about. As a capitalist nation, I feel we get too wrapped up in our material possessions/expectations. And actually, if you don't exercise, you're asking for heart attack medicine yourself :D (not a 'holier than thou' comment, I don't exercise either :( )

I got a Satnav. Something I desperately needed to be honest.
Google Maps wasn't doing it for me.
The TomTom I have has lane assistance, traffic camera locations, and the speed you should be going on that road (as I find their are never enough signs).
Looking forward to using it (I know that is rather sad)

Going tomorrow to the boxing day sales to use the vouchers I got. I am going to definitely pick up Uncharted 3 if its in stock!
Possibly Rayman Origins, but not sure about that yet.

Hope you have all had a great day!

I wouldn't give it long before Google tries to one up navigational units with those features (or at least I hope, those sound absolutely awesome!) Does it track how fast you're going and remind you to slow down? Haha, I could see that getting annoying as I have quite the lead foot.

I wouldn't give it long before Google tries to one up navigational units with those features (or at least I hope, those sound absolutely awesome!) Does it track how fast you're going and remind you to slow down? Haha, I could see that getting annoying as I have quite the lead foot.

Well it certainly works. Just tested it :p

Yeah it tracks how fast you are going, and also tracks the speed you are meant to be going. You can set it to tell you to slow down but I switched that off... I think that would be annoying.

But, you'd have to be going around 5-10mph faster than you are really meant to be going for it to do this, as the Sat-Nav tracks your real speed. The car is actually around 10% out on the speedo.
When you are doing 30mph in the car, the Sat-Nav says you are doing around 26-27mph.

Nice! Got any brewing ingredients in mind? While I hate the taste of beer, I hate the taste of Wheat beer the least lol
Well the kit came with a "Pale Ale" flavor, which I read wasn't exactly the best flavor they have but I guess it's meant to get you started and teach you how to do it more or less. They sell better flavors on the Mr. Beer website so I figure I'll do the one that came with it first and later on I'll get a better one and try that out.

@foothead

How was that even wrapped??

It wasn't. There was just a bow stuck on top of "the flying saucer thingy," as my mom called it.

that's probably the most obscure christmas gift I've ever heard of, how did Santa get it down the Chimney? D:

it looks cool though, like something from an action movie.

We had to go pick it up in New Orleans a couple days before. My stepdad got his finger caught in the mechanism and almost broke it(actually might have, he refuses to go to the doctor). So yeah, maybe it's something out of Saw or possibly some elaborat Bond torture device.

If you don't exercise, you're asking for heart attack medicine yourself :D (not a 'holier than thou' comment, I don't exercise either :( )

Hello iPwn,

Nah, don`t believe a word of it. The longest living creatures on Planet Earth are the slowest movers. Giant tortoises are amongst the longest living creatures on the Planet. Lifespan can be 200-260 years.

Beat that for exercise ! Plus and wait for it - trees don`t move at all and some of them live many thousands of years.

Prometheus which lived at Wheeler Peak, Nevada in the USA was verified at 4,862 years old when it was cut down in 1964. Many others live well beyond 1,500 years.

So I reckon I`ll keep being a couch potato, puff my pipe, swig my beer and see all those balmy joggers and exercise freaks tucked up in their boxes long before I go.

I seem to have received an awful lot of alcohol this year.
as well as the obligatory jumpers and socks.

Back
Top Bottom