Review my blog!

sparkwiz

Beta member
Guys! I have created a blog that contents software and technology reviews. It also features, news, updates, tips and tricks about software! Please go through it and give me feedback! :D Check out my site www.sparkwiz.com

Hi,

Well I am going to be really honest here. I think that the site is just like many other sites out there that review products. It has that generic look that works but I just don't think that I would go back over and over for reviews.

I don't want to be all negative when it comes to your site. It has the normal view that is very easy to navigate. It has all the normal social media outlets, etc. If I was you I would add some color or longer reviews. Something that will keep people interested.

I know I wasn't that positive but I just want to be honest with you.

Thanks for the comments even though it isnt positive. :) Please give me some suggestions to get the people attracted...Thanks for the viewership

Appearance > Is it easy on the eyes?
Navigation > Can your viewers find things easily?
Content > This is where a lot of webmasters fall short. You can't simply put something up and not update it or add something new. Each time a viewer comes back if it's the same old rot, they will leave and more than likely not come back. At the same time you can overload your site with way too much information.
Keep it simple and keep it to the point.
As for attracting views or members, it's an advertising game. Put a link in your sig if it's permitted. Some places don't allow links in sigs so it's good forum etiquette to always ask. If permitted, keep it simple and to the point. If a forum has an advertising section ask if it's ok to plug your site there.
But be ready to take no for an answer. Some places are picky. Also if you advertise or sig link stay active at those forums. I know I personally don't like hit and run. If I allow you to do either one and I don't see you post something in 7 days your ad, sig, and you are gone.

Just remember > If you make it easy on the eyes, easy to navigate, and have great content, along with some basic advertising, they will come.

BTW I own and operate Anime Appeal. I might be interested in a link swap.. . .

As wmorri mentioned, the site does look unremarkable in the face of the vast quantity of review sites which look and feel almost exactly the same. That said, it does have a rather simple, clean design which does not detract from the content, however I can't help but feel like a bit more colour wouldn't go astray. Also, I personally don't think the use of serif font suits your page - I would recommend changing to a sans-serif font, and would look more fitting with your chosen site design.

A banner graphic would also greatly benefit your site - simple text headers just don't have any impact, and leave little impression on visitors. You want them to remember your site, and visit it repeatedly, so investing in a clean, catchy, professional header banner and logo to associate with your site would be strongly recommended.

Hopefully something I've said there helps you out. Good luck with your blog! :)

Back
Top Bottom